Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
might as well why not. tell them it's making the noise and get a new clutch.

thats what im doing. i have the noise sometimes and the gear grinds in reverse sometimes.. i found this to be really strange. and if the idiot behind the counter tells me it's the way im shifting im going to pull him over the counter and beat him with the shifter knob in my sock.
Agreed, mine sounded like a Tommy Gun this second go around just like the first a year ago, they said they couldn't hear it this time but they didn't think twice about fixing it.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
might as well why not.
Why not is that your vehicle is likely to be damaged during the procedure. There are going to be scratches over the console and they are likely going to tear the crappy outer boot and have to purchase a new one along with the bezel that will be damaged. When they put your scratched up console back together it is going to fit closer to the floor before leaving a gap around the bezel that allows the vehicle to be more noisy than before......

Do you really want the dealer assembling your vehicle or the manufacturer?

I had the squeal. Had both tsbs done about 2 weeks ago. Mine shifts perfect now. but I have all the other negative items above with a five star dealer. good luck.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by saltman
Why not is that your vehicle is likely to be damaged during the procedure. There are going to be scratches over the console and they are likely going to tear the crappy outer boot and have to purchase a new one along with the bezel that will be damaged. When they put your scratched up console back together it is going to fit closer to the floor before leaving a gap around the bezel that allows the vehicle to be more noisy than before......

I had the squeal. Had both tsbs done about 2 weeks ago. Mine shifts perfect now. but I have all the other negative items above with a five star dealer. good luck.
That sucks man! And thats exactly what I was afraid of when I took mine in. Luckily, they didnt do any damage to mine. I checked it fairly closely before and after.. and maybe I took a few pics too call me paranoid My dealer's service department has really impressed me so far. A good dealer is very hard to find.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

I wonder if this is tied into my issue with shifting into 5th, it likes to grind. Of course the dealer says they cant replicate the problem
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I wonder if this is tied into my issue with shifting into 5th, it likes to grind. Of course the dealer says they cant replicate the problem
tell em to bend over and let them replicate your foot up their Arse ..bet they fix it then
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default Problem Solved

After I dropped her off at 8 am, I came back at 330 pm and picked my baby up.

The dealership replaced the clutch and the throwout bearing even though they didn't have to do the bearing - they said it was a little worn. talk about a dealership doing one hell of a job... a little above and beyond I think

All noises gone, drives like she's brand new.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoArmy8317
After I dropped her off at 8 am, I came back at 330 pm and picked my baby up.

The dealership replaced the clutch and the throwout bearing even though they didn't have to do the bearing - they said it was a little worn. talk about a dealership doing one hell of a job... a little above and beyond I think

All noises gone, drives like she's brand new.
Good to hear they fixed you up
Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by saltman

Then you settled and didn't make an issue about it, my dealer is also a 5-star but they would have fixed their screw-ups, after messing up the shifter knob, scratches, etc, they replaced it no questions asked. You should have had them fix their crappy work.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine is in the shop right now and I'm awaiting them to finish. Still working on it as of 2:30.

I'm afraid this isn't going to go well when I get over there but we'll see.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bly109
So, are they changing yours?
They didn't change mine... I was told the shifter boot was not installed right so they reinstalled it. It quit ticking for a while... then it came back. I'm moving to Gainesville this weekend so I can't afford to have the dealership here attempt it again. I'll have a dealer over there fix it. I really need the TSB for 06-001-08 so i can know what I'm arguing about. It's been documented twice now that I had this problem before 12k so even if it goes beyond the clutch warranty I can still argue that they have to pay to fix it and not me.

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall