Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-13-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoArmy8317
Just so no one's confused,

There is a constant, running ticking that kicks in about 20 - 30 mins after engine run time or after it 'warms up.' This noise stops when you depress the clutch about an inch.

I am sitting at the dealership right now and found:

-Throwout bearing TSB is for 2007
-Clutch Kit TSB is definitely 08, maybe 07

There is also another noise I have when I depress the clutch pedal totally, and it is the 'squeaking' or scratching noise that others are talking about. Not sure if it will be fixed with the TSB work but I'll post an update this afternoon.

Don't ever assume the dealership will tell you about a TSB. Be proactive and go back to the dealership with the TSB number and ask them wtf is up with their system. The regular dealership I go to never mentioned this or found a problem but the one I'm at now found it and is fixing no questions asked.

The clutch one definitely does apply to 07's too.

Your clutch pedal noise, is it kind of a creak? Ours started doing that when the ticking starts. It wouldnt do it any other time, The two TSB's fixed that.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from my dealership. I showed the tech the TSB's and their numbers. He came back with his computer and pulled up the TSB's. 06-001-08 relates the the squealing clutch. 06-002-07 relates to the throw out bearing. At least thats what his laptop is saying.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
I just got back from my dealership. I showed the tech the TSB's and their numbers. He came back with his computer and pulled up the TSB's. 06-001-08 relates the the squealing clutch. 06-002-07 relates to the throw out bearing. At least thats what his laptop is saying.
So, are they changing yours?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

just made an apt for next week. i better wash all the mud off before i go.. i don't want to hear them giving me shit and telling me i got water in there or something. all those dealers are morons i just called mine up and the guy i spoke to asked me what a tsb was. i was like give me the manager. Morons. i swear i would love to find just 1 dealer that knew what the hell they were doing.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
So he's saying it's just the throw-out bearing, sounds like a sucky dealership, they pulled up a two week old tsb three weeks ago to replace the entire clutch assy with the TO bearing........I wouldn't settle ...but that's just me, good luck with it though.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Default Question???

Is this something everyone should address even if they haven't had the noise yet?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

might as well why not. tell them it's making the noise and get a new clutch.

thats what im doing. i have the noise sometimes and the gear grinds in reverse sometimes.. i found this to be really strange. and if the idiot behind the counter tells me it's the way im shifting im going to pull him over the counter and beat him with the shifter knob in my sock.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I go to jeep.com and type in the last 8 digits of my Jeep's VIN number, it says, "No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist ". Should I worry about the TSB? Also, is there a difference between TSB and recalls? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I honestly do not know.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

This might be a dumb question, but if the manufacture date of my JK (06/08) is after the tsb was issued, was the problem fixed on the manufacture line or prior to the dealership selling the vehicle? I have not noticed any noises from my clutch, but I only have 900 miles on it.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jarne
When I go to jeep.com and type in the last 8 digits of my Jeep's VIN number, it says, "No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist ". Should I worry about the TSB? Also, is there a difference between TSB and recalls? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I honestly do not know.
Recalls and TSB's are different. Recalls have to be done, TSB's do not. A TSB is only there to aid the dealer in diagnosing and fixing known issues. A dealer does not have to do a TSB if your jeep is not showing the syptoms. A recall has to be done either way if your jeep falls in the time frame listed in the recall.

Originally Posted by gonetoshoot
This might be a dumb question, but if the manufacture date of my JK (06/08) is after the tsb was issued, was the problem fixed on the manufacture line or prior to the dealership selling the vehicle? I have not noticed any noises from my clutch, but I only have 900 miles on it.
Only recalls that were issued before you picked up your jeep would have been done.

Last edited by bly109; 08-13-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall