Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
so let's say you don't get this TSB done, will this "creaking" sound or "ticking" sound cause any problems later down the road? I JUST had my TSB for the clutch disc performed and went through hell with that one (3 weeks worth of it)....so if it's not gonna be a big deal, I don't even want to let them touch it again.
I have the problem with a creaking sound when pushing in and letting out on the clutch after the Jeep has warmed up. The dealership is currently replacing the clutch fork and pivot bearing. After I get the Jeep back, and have had it for a few days, I will let you know if the parts replaced corrected the creaking noise or not.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dewkin
I have the problem with a creaking sound when pushing in and letting out on the clutch after the Jeep has warmed up. The dealership is currently replacing the clutch fork and pivot bearing. After I get the Jeep back, and have had it for a few days, I will let you know if the parts replaced corrected the creaking noise or not.
Oh I have no doubt that it will fix or stop the creaking sound once they replace whatever they need to...but I just don't know what will happen a year or two down the road if I DON'T get this fixed.....will it be a problem, or just an annoying sound? That's what I'm wondering about because I don't really have the time right now to take it in, and the one time that I did take it in for this it didn't make the sound!! Warranty stuff drives me nuts.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Oh I have no doubt that it will fix or stop the creaking sound once they replace whatever they need to...but I just don't know what will happen a year or two down the road if I DON'T get this fixed.....will it be a problem, or just an annoying sound? That's what I'm wondering about because I don't really have the time right now to take it in, and the one time that I did take it in for this it didn't make the sound!! Warranty stuff drives me nuts.
If I were you, I would find time to take the Jeep in and have the noise fixed. My thoughts are; if the parts are making that noise, then most likely they are rubbing in a way that they should not be. My guess would be that over time, it could cause problems.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The clutch fork and pivot ball has corrected the creaking noise I used to hear after the Jeep warmed up.

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall