Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Important: Clutch recall

Old 08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
I have been searching for one as well. The only way I can tell you how to get one is have a tech show you the TSB when you get it taken in.
thanks for the tip, I may just do that
Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kashlak
I definatly have this squeaking and ticking going on too. I have been watching this thread and you all got me scared of the dealers. My husband refuses to take our vehicles there since they usually come back more messed up Can I ask you Maryland people what dealers you have used? My husband thinks I should just let this issue go but I am not to sure.
i know i'm a bit late, but whatever you do, don't take it to thompson in dundalk. it took them 2 weeks to finally assess my dodge as a total loss. it got hit on the driver's side rear tire and actually pushed my 35" BFG mud into the body. it bent the leaf spring, shifted the axle, and bent the tie rod up front (when it got pushed up on the curb). they didn't note ANY suspension damage until they were already 3 inspections in and i actually had to tell them to look at it. they were only writing up body work! just wanted to let u know that they're clueless over there. and let me know who you decided to go with and how they treated you, because i think the rubi might have to go in
Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
i know i'm a bit late, but whatever you do, don't take it to thompson in dundalk. it took them 2 weeks to finally assess my dodge as a total loss. it got hit on the driver's side rear tire and actually pushed my 35" BFG mud into the body. it bent the leaf spring, shifted the axle, and bent the tie rod up front (when it got pushed up on the curb). they didn't note ANY suspension damage until they were already 3 inspections in and i actually had to tell them to look at it. they were only writing up body work! just wanted to let u know that they're clueless over there. and let me know who you decided to go with and how they treated you, because i think the rubi might have to go in
Not late yet. We still haven't done anything. Somebody on here said Aberdeen was really good. Not sure if I want to drive up there or not. I actually bought mine at Tate in glen burnie not sure how good there garage service is
Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got off the phone with the dealer a couple hours ago. From the sounds of it they are replacing both the clutch kit and the throw-out bearing under warranty. I'm at 12,600 miles on the rig. I should have it back tomorrow with all the paperwork. If you live in Florida I highly recommend Duval Motorcars of 39th street in Gainesville. They are a great dealership just bring a friend with a car because their shuttle service is pretty slow.

Also, make sure you ask to see a tech and mention to him/her the TSB's and show him/her what the Jeep is doing. Don't just show a service writer.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

OK so this doesn't sound like the same problem but it could be related. Mine has a chirp when ever take off from a stop and when i shift. The clutch is usually all the way out. It sounds kinda like a bird is under the Jeep. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and find out if its covered. I'll let everyone know.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by steelerjeep
OK so this doesn't sound like the same problem but it could be related. Mine has a chirp when ever take off from a stop and when i shift. The clutch is usually all the way out. It sounds kinda like a bird is under the Jeep. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and find out if its covered. I'll let everyone know.

that's basically what I have, every time I shift into third, a parakeet dies. I'm interested in hearing what yours is. I suspect it's related.

although I entered my VIN on the site and nothing came up as due.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

****** Throwout bearing TSB is for 2007
-Clutch Kit TSB is definitely 08, maybe 07 ****

okay .. so since the first time I went off road which was last october, my clutch has been making a creaking sound when I depress it, goes away when its engaged and comes back as soon as i left off it a little .... when its engaged its goes from no sound to my engine working hard, my rpms shoot way up....

it also makes a popping sound when I do a quicker shift like into first and when I start going from a stop sign ...

do you think this could be realted at all.

My JK was born in August 2007. That mean its a 07 or 08??? Im hella confused.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

I also had a defective start that had to replaced, i am also having problems with that oil change TSB now too ( didn't know there was one out til' this morning). Its just a bucket full of problems.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

2000 miles after the clutch tsb, the dealer had to go back in and do the throwout bearing TSB.

Now the noise is gone and the service writer told me that the parts looked different, but i did not see them as i picked up my rubi right as they were closing.

The dealer did not say anyting about the mud that was still under neath even though i spend a lot of time with the power washer. they did not say anything about the dents in the skid plattes or where i added spray bomb paint underneath for all the scratches.

They only commented that they were sorry they did not do both TSB's at the same time cause he knows how much i like my jeep.

I guess i have a good dealer and it pays to go in and say hi when you buy parts from them and change oil and they know you by name.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My dealer said

My vin number is not covered. I have a 2008 bought in April

Quick Reply: Important: Clutch recall