Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Imperial to Metric Odometer Conversion

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imperial to Metric Odometer Conversion

Just moved back to Canada with my '09 JK that I bought a couple of months ago in Wisconsin. I'm wondering if there is any way to convert my odometer to metric rather than imperial. I talked to a guy at the dealership here and he didn't have any good ideas, so I though I'd throw this out there. Its either that or get really good at doing the conversion in my head... not too hard I suppose but thought I'd check.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Samboko
... get really good at doing the conversion in my head... not too hard I suppose but thought I'd check.
You could do that. Or, you could just "press and hold the left button (on the instrument cluster) for 2 to 3 seconds to switch from English to Metric displays."

That's a quote from your owner's manual, BTW. I know it's sometimes hard to find things in there, which is why many of us have downloaded the .pdf version from Jeep.com. A search of "metric" turned that answer up in about two seconds.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

I wish it were that easy, but that will only change the items in the left hand display like temp. and gas milage. The trip odometer and total odometer still reads in Imperial. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're stuck with the miles display, but it is really a small matter. Won't lower resale value. Mental conversion is simple. Don't sweat it. I moved from Canada to US a long time ago and for the longest time refused to relinquish the metric system - still use the metric settings in the cluster - but it just doesn't matter.

PS - Used to live in Cold Lake about 20 yrs ago - fond memories.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Ya that's what I figured. That's alright, not the end of the world, just thought I'd throw this out there. Don't blame you for wanting to give up the metric system, unfortunately I have it the other way around though!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

how much is the metric cluster...
Old 08-23-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

I hate to think, I think I'll just stick with what I have for now, I'm not too worried about it.

Quick Reply: Imperial to Metric Odometer Conversion