Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Im Having a few issues....

Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Having a few issues....

i do love my jeep but is it just me or do i have more issues than usual.

im not talking about broke shocks or anthing im talking about interior things.

my cruse control stopped working so i got the module replaced, that wasnt it so they tried the blinker and light module idk how that would control the cruise control but they said it did. they got it to work using a spare one they had but it made the wind shield wipers go out of control. so they ordered that part but new and we installed it and the cruise control still didn't work. they said it could be 1 of 2 more things the clock spring which is 200 some odd dollars or it could be the cpu which would be who knows how much.

my brother works for the dealer this is how i know all this in a short period of time.
Also thos pieces i bought to try and fix the problem i cant return them because they were "special order" because they had to have it delivered from another dealer to them.
so im out about 100 right there and it still doesn't work. i dont even know if its worth trying to fix of its not the 200 dollar clock spring....

to top it off yesterday i noticed my window up down switched that only 2 lights were not working (you know the lights that show you where the switch is at night) so i get home take it apart as much as i can really i took it down to 3 pieces and still didnt see anything but plastic still so i said **** it and then pluged it back in (i cleaned off the ports and what not) seeing if it would go back to normal no i only have 1 light that works on it now (ohhhh awesome)...

does any one know how i can fix this or get my money back or anything to make me feel as if my jeep is not a giant pile of shit that is costing me a fortune?

thanks for all the help.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

This probably doesn't help but my jeep has been to 2 different dealerships 6 times and the cruise control still only works intermittently

They've replaced:
Clock spring
Instrument cluster
Switch twice
Wiring once
Reflashed computer once

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pilosopo
This probably doesn't help but my jeep has been to 2 different dealerships 6 times and the cruise control still only works intermittently

They've replaced:
Clock spring
Instrument cluster
Switch twice
Wiring once
Reflashed computer once

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk
sounds like what im dealing with just havent done the clock spring cuz i dont wantto waist any more money if that doesnt fix the problem.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:19 AM
JK Freak

Seems to be all the electronics on the JK's. I have a base model 2012 sport, and first it was the the fuel gauge then the cruise control now the ABS and traction control lights. Every time I start it I have to fight the throttle and ABS system in first gear till I over come it. The dealer says it is the right rear sensor, but I am beginning to doubt the whole electronic system on this Jeep. They have ordered the part, but now I trust my old 1998 Cherokee more than the newer JK. It is a base Cherokee Sport, so it only has a PMC.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by metaldemon
Seems to be all the electronics on the JK's. I have a base model 2012 sport, and first it was the the fuel gauge then the cruise control now the ABS and traction control lights. Every time I start it I have to fight the throttle and ABS system in first gear till I over come it. The dealer says it is the right rear sensor, but I am beginning to doubt the whole electronic system on this Jeep. They have ordered the part, but now I trust my old 1998 Cherokee more than the newer JK. It is a base Cherokee Sport, so it only has a PMC.
i always thought my jeep was a lemon haha but yeah im about ready to say **** everything a strip it and put a race motor and build a metal dash with only the necessary gauges haha screw traction control haha

Quick Reply: Im Having a few issues....