Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Idiot wrote on my muddy hood!!! HELP

Old 05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldorak
meguiar scratch-X + claybar + wax , it will look like brand new
100% AGREE... this should take care of it no problem... there is no way those scratches are deep this will fill them in nicely and look like new... the scratch-x alone should take care of it and then the rest is just to prevent it from happening again... but what you need to do is tell your buddy that he needs to do all the work and buy you at least a 6-pack
Old 05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay away from sandpaper. Use a CLEARCOAT SAFE rubbing compound on the paint. That is safest.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

there is no way the guy writing in mud on your hood scratched it deep enough to need to come close to sanding... try the scratch-x and i am telling you you will not be dissapointed... i got key marks out with the stuff on my mustang
Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srt-iz
Dito...

I would be a little nervous putting any grade sand paper to my paint if i dont know what im doing.
Seriously. I detailed cars for years and I only wet sand if absolutely necessary.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Clay bar won't remove scratches. They work great, but their purpose is to remove contaminants in the paint.
guess that is how i used it once. A bunch of white over spray from someone painting got all over my red truck and the clay bar thing worked well on that.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:07 AM
JK Junkie

Meguires scratch-X does work great
Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Clay bar won't remove scratches. They work great, but their purpose is to remove contaminants in the paint.
EXACTLEY! I have noooo clue how these guys claim it "removes" scratches..if anything a clay bar 99% of the time MAKES scratches!
I detailed cars for 4 years at a toyota dealership so I know allll about clay bars,they are used to remove brake dust,overspray etc. from the paint like Atl JK said. If you do not use a spray wax and water to "lube" the paint and clay bar(which comes in atleast 3 stages of hardness) or if you press the clay bar to hard when you rub you will scratch the piss out of your paint.You also have to "kneed" the clay bar to make it soft and not use it like a sanding block for it to work properly...its basicly a big chunk of playdoh.
I would make that douche pay to have my hood buffed and dare him to touch it again if it was me.

Last edited by swanni06; 05-22-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Meguires scratch-X does work great
x2 on that one..... im have to know, what does it say?

oh, and smash that ass upside his head with a phone book too, just for good measure
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

first thing! did you show your friend(moron) who put the scraches on your Jeep! then get him to pay your for you to get it detailed by a pro! My friends know not to touch My JEEP!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G10307

followed with wax. should do it.

Last edited by Robar; 05-24-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited direct link

Quick Reply: Idiot wrote on my muddy hood!!! HELP