Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Idiot wrote on my muddy hood!!! HELP

Old 05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup clay bar works great
soooooo what does it say
Old 05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Buffers are just hand grinders with a fluffy stone Pretty cheap at Sears...and I know you don't want to start anything at your station
and yeah, what did it say??
My nickle is on the classic retarded "WASH ME".......just be glad they didn't do it on your vinyl windows..........
Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

wash, compound rub, wax that should do it..
Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
3M Finessit rubbing compound, apply just like wax and removes the finest scratches, repeat if ness. then just add a coat of wax.
If it's really scratched this is I believe the right product. It is 3K grit rubbing compound that is used by the pro's to take out orange peel and do a final polish on the clear coat. I use it when my lovely wife sits a grocery bag, box,etc. on a dirty trunk and slides it. Or someone rubs against the car in a tight spot. Quite expensive at about $50/ bottle but the bottle lasts years at my house. Wouldn't be without it. Use it sparingly!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fish
soooooo what does it say
x2.

10 chars.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First, we need to clear something up. You're using the term "friend" pretty loosely. A REAL friend wouldn't have messed with your rig. Beat his ass and call it even. You'll get more satisfaction. You're gonna scratch it up wheelin anyway, right?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
First, we need to clear something up. You're using the term "friend" pretty loosely. A REAL friend wouldn't have messed with your rig. Beat his ass and call it even. You'll get more satisfaction. You're gonna scratch it up wheelin anyway, right?
we need to change your title to "JK Yoda"
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathom
If it's really scratched this is I believe the right product. It is 3K grit rubbing compound that is used by the pro's to take out orange peel and do a final polish on the clear coat. I use it when my lovely wife sits a grocery bag, box,etc. on a dirty trunk and slides it. Or someone rubs against the car in a tight spot. Quite expensive at about $50/ bottle but the bottle lasts years at my house. Wouldn't be without it. Use it sparingly!
umm to take out orange peal you need to sand first with 1200-2000grit sand paper, then you use the 3m to buff those scratches out, did it MANY times when I worked at body shop

if you can just barely see it and only at certain angles you should be able to get it out by hand with a LIGHT compound, meguiars makes some good compound, use a clay bar then compound and wax, should be good to go
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fish
yup clay bar works great
soooooo what does it say
Clay bar won't remove scratches. They work great, but their purpose is to remove contaminants in the paint.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Clay bar won't remove scratches. They work great, but their purpose is to remove contaminants in the paint.
Dito...

I would be a little nervous putting any grade sand paper to my paint if i dont know what im doing. I would try some Meguirers Swirl Remover first!

Quick Reply: Idiot wrote on my muddy hood!!! HELP