Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

i cant stand this engine

Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just not having these acceleration/lack of power issues. I cruise fine at 65-75 and its not that hard to accelerate to those speeds either.

I think someone should start a poll to find out setups for people who have these issues.

181 I have personally seen bone stock TJ's and YJ's hammer the a**es of other built rigs. The majority of it is the driver, if you don't know what the hell you are doing your vehicle looks like a turd.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink If you got extra $$$$...

Get a RIPP supercharger and chip the engine.. you should get a noticable change in speed and power.. but the gasmilage is just some thing you have to deal with! ITS A JEEP WRANGLER!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Yup, and everybody whining for a V8 won't accept that IF they offered one, it would only be rated at 13 city/17 highway.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is a brick, and a hell of a lot of fun. I look forward to driving it every day. I would like to have a bit more power but out does not take anything away from the fact out is the most awesome vehicle on the earth to drive. Since I started taking it out on trail rides and going to some orv parks, I can over look what it lacks in hp without a problem. In my opinion there is no one vehicle out there that can compare to the lifestyle or the fun my brick on wheels has to offer.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubic0nrye
Get a RIPP supercharger and chip the engine.. you should get a noticable change in speed and power.. but the gasmilage is just some thing you have to deal with! ITS A JEEP WRANGLER!
x2 and I'm getting better gas mileage with the RIPP!

Quick Reply: i cant stand this engine