Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

I Can't lock my Jeep

Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the cause of your problem, but I have a hint that will prevent you from having to go to every door to lock them manually. I discovered this last summer when I was traveling 1000km with a cat in the Jeep. We couldn't leave it in the Black Jeep in the sun when we went for a very quick lunch, so we locked the Jeep and left it running with the AC cranked in the only bit of shade we could find.

Here is the hint:
Ensure all doors, including drivers is closed. Use the switch on the door to lock all the doors. Exit the Jeep and now you only have to lock the driver's door manually. If you have multiple people in the Jeep, let everyone out first.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Octo
I don't know the cause of your problem, but I have a hint that will prevent you from having to go to every door to lock them manually. I discovered this last summer when I was traveling 1000km with a cat in the Jeep. We couldn't leave it in the Black Jeep in the sun when we went for a very quick lunch, so we locked the Jeep and left it running with the AC cranked in the only bit of shade we could find.

Here is the hint:
Ensure all doors, including drivers is closed. Use the switch on the door to lock all the doors. Exit the Jeep and now you only have to lock the driver's door manually. If you have multiple people in the Jeep, let everyone out first.
Great idea but he said he can't lock the door using the button on the door.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bstpierre
Great idea but he said he can't lock the door using the button on the door.
True, but I suspect that he is trying to use the button when the door is open. If you have the door open and the key in the ignition you can't use the button. However if you have the doors closed and the key in the ignition you CAN use the button, this results in all doors being locked. When he exits all doors except the drivers are locked and he can manually lock the driver's door.

Quick Reply: I Can't lock my Jeep