Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hyrdolocked my Engine!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
is anyone thinking HEMI here????
if your buyin
Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jim07x
Having hydrolocked mine, (CAI) my insurance company __ationwid_ wrote it as a compreshensive claim (like when your windshield cracks), not a colision, so my deductable was only $100 and my premiums did not go up.

The fight with Chrysler is not going to be worth it. In their current state they are not just going to hand over a new engine.

The downside with insurance replacement is that if you don't have an OEM Rider (requireing original new parts) your likely to get a low milege engine out of a wreck or fire. Luckily I had the OEM rider, unfortunately Chrysler does not have a 3.8 crate motor and it had to be built by my mechanic. They did a great job though.
No, they just don't have a long block. They have short blocks all day long. They put a new one in mine and had the heads redone. I didn't have to fight at all, and the OP may not either. The point is, unless he tries, he'll never know.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've got a bent rod. Glad to hear you're getting it covered because you'd be looking at about 4k for a new motor! NO BUENO!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:10 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Topher8668
I have a four inch suspension lift on 35" tires. This is the first time I have ever taken it out. within the first 10 min. i hit some water and it stalled. The only life it shows is some clicking. Did some research. cleaned out the intake and removed the spark plugs. there was water in what seemed to be 3 of the 6 chambers. I have not tried to manually turn the engine over yet. In fear of making things worse. Still just clicking. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
That sucks, good luck on the repairs.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by daggo66
That's exactly what I was thinking. The owners manual even says it will handle up to 24" water crossings.

True. For the 07's it is stated as 30" at <5 mph, speed is the key.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine completely covered by insurance when I hydrolocked. Didn;t even lie to them or anything, just said I was driving down a dirt road and hit a ditch full of water. They paid for mine to be rebuild and it ended up costing $8000. Not really sure why, somehting to do with machining the heads... but anyway, insurance covered everhy penny. I'd reccomend doing the same.

Last edited by cyruspura; 09-02-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Keeping up to date..........the dealership called back and told me the engine is seized...hhhmmmm. NO SH*T D_BAG!!!!! Needless to say I have to get a new one. Adjusters are coming out now to take a look. I think I should give this guy the old Chloroform and mini van approach to scare him into a Hemi upgrade. Only joking......Kinda Well hope everything works out.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck with getting a new engine.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

So cold air intake's are completely open? and the stock airbox is sealed except for the small intake it has?

Seems to me that anyone going with a CAI is asking for trouble when wheeling? Unless i'm missing something...
Old 09-02-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick526
So cold air intake's are completely open? and the stock airbox is sealed except for the small intake it has?

Seems to me that anyone going with a CAI is asking for trouble when wheeling? Unless i'm missing something...
Nope, you ain't missin a thing.

Quick Reply: Hyrdolocked my Engine!!!!