Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

how to remove sap from paint!?!?!

Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steam = water + heat!

As a new member, I've used this forum as a wonderful resource. I now can give back! I bought an 08 JKU in great shape, except the previous owner lived in the pines. Pine pitch is a wicked hassle to remove even if caught wet. My JKU had hard pine "diamonds" affixed to fenders, bumpers and the hard top.

FORUM WISDOM: A common sense guy wrote that sap is nothing more than water and sugar....ok, maybe for maples, but he was onto something

SOLUTION: This morning I took my ski hot wax iron and a wet cloth and ironed off the pine pitch. It worked perfectly! As the steam billowed, I'd pull back the cloth to see the chunk of pitch just peel off. Upon further application with a fresh section of cloth, all residue was gone. OK, so not all of you live in ski country.....just be careful with Momma's iron and you'll have success.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gasoline then clean immediately after.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Terpentine

Quick Reply: how to remove sap from paint!?!?!