Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How many problems have you had with your Jeep?
None
43.39%
One
21.66%
Two
11.37%
> Two
23.58%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

How problematic is your Jeep?

Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aside from the TC fix... only the airbags gave me problems!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default still love it even with the quirks

lots of little stuff that you have to expect on a new design(i bought an early 07)steering stabilizer,shaft clunk,leaks,rattles etc,most of it solved with aftermarket.my main grief is clutch issues,now booked again for clutch disc,release bearing issues will be 4th time trans has been out in 13 months.apart from that it has never let me down,never not got me home or not started(or stalled)never had any failure that made any part non operational.this in 46,000km in 13 months of hard steady use so I have to say the JK is a good dependable steed(+ centerforce should have clutch on the market in next few months which solves my biggest issue)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DHunter19
2008 Unlimited 4x4 4dr. Only thing that has gone wrong is the overdrive button on the tranny console quit working.

The stupid thing is they can't replace just the button, they have to replace the whole console.

This happened when the Jeep was about 3mo old and 2,000mi.

Then they should replace the whole console.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

08 4-door rubi....
nothing so far. now that i've jinxed myself, i'll let you know what goes wrong/breaks on my way home today.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Default Rear diff locked up

Rear diff wouldn't unlock after a day of wheeling. Dealer fixed it under warranty. Only bad part was it took 2 weeks to collect all the parts!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

No problems whatsoever, just like my TJ - roof leaks as it should and there are noises everywhere as expected!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy If my state had a resonable lemon law..

I'd get rid of my Jeep. I love it in theory, but it's a major headache. My satellite went out, then the electronics, the torque converter went bad very quickly..took a few repairs on it so far, soft top leaks, stalling, I have a severe case of death wobble, replaced parts for it, comes back a while later. The ESB/Bas light comes on intermittantly and...I'll stop now. I only have a couple dealers anywhere near me, one has been helpful but can't get rid of the wobble. I have all stock, and have never taken it off road as the wobble concerns me..afraid something may be weakening so wont push it. Granted, the stalling this cleared with recall, and my dealer found an additive for the torque converter issue and that has worked wonders! I have had it updated with the appropriate Tsb's but... Well, this week it has decided to not start. And the paint is rusting, but I understand that's a service bullitin issue somewhere. I am very careful on mentenance. I am disappionted, I wanted a jeep since age 5 and after 30 years I get one, and it doesn't like me. Fortuneately though, I do not own it, it's a lease, so I get to rid myself of it in two years. Maybe I would n't mind if I didn't have toleave it at the shop for a few days and find a ride to my office 20 miles away durign this these times.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your problems. Mine is similarly a PITA. Like you, I always wanted one, but now I'm questioning my decision. Can you tell us what the tranny additive is that your dealer used? My torque converter is also a problem.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JLightning9
I have had 1.5 problems:

.5) There is a damn annoying sound comming from the Drivers side B-Pillar whenever I hit any bumps. I thought it was the loose plastic but I secured that and it still makes a noise. I tried adjusting the driver door strike plate and that didnt really help. I am clueless and it is annoying.

It also didnt happen until after I picked it up from the Clutch repair ...

But I do not want to take it back because I dont want them to mess anything else up. I got a coupon for a free oil change from the dealership and I dont even think I will cash that in...
I hear the same thing when I hear bumps. It's driving me crazy. I have not taken it anywhere to get fixed.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLightning9
I have had 1.5 problems:

1) The clutch was squeaking. I took it in 2 weeks after I drove it off the lot, and they had it for 4 days and then it was fixed and no problems with the clutch since. They dealership even hooked me up with a rental because it had only been 2 weeks.

.5) There is a damn annoying sound comming from the Drivers side B-Pillar whenever I hit any bumps. I thought it was the loose plastic but I secured that and it still makes a noise. I tried adjusting the driver door strike plate and that didnt really help. I am clueless and it is annoying.

It also didnt happen until after I picked it up from the Clutch repair ...

But I do not want to take it back because I dont want them to mess anything else up. I got a coupon for a free oil change from the dealership and I dont even think I will cash that in...
I have the same sound from the drivers side pillar as well , kind of like a quick thud...sounds like its comming from the rear wheel sometimes when i go over a bump !!!! I have checked the pillar a few times over and nothing... Not sure what it is , I am thinkinfg it may also be the top or the seat belt connetion??

let me know if you figure it out !!

Quick Reply: How problematic is your Jeep?