Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How many problems have you had with your Jeep?
None
43.39%
One
21.66%
Two
11.37%
> Two
23.58%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

How problematic is your Jeep?

Old 03-28-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaking Top--New one installed.
Stearing Shaking-New shaft installed.
Wind Noise(after new top). New Header installed--a little better.
Death Wobble--going to dealer on Monday.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Starting to wear ME down a bit...

Let's see -

- battery discharge; took the dealer 3 trips to relize this was an improperly installed Lojak.....they fixed and warranteed it all.

- leaking front door seals filling the front pans with water. Replaced, per the factory advisory.

-hard top leaking - see above. Fixed.

- soft top air leak at window....not taken in yet.....

Standard Chrysler quality..getting to be a drag.....but, I really like this machine and am trying to hang in there with the belief that it wll be bugless, soon!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

nothing major, overall i love my rig, but the windshield cracked the first time we had a real frost (learned me not to blast the defroster alls the way), and every once and a while i get a drop or two of water coming in where the soft top meets the windshield (i think there's a crack in the foam gasket). other than that, i love it!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Cowboys6

1. Taken in 5 times for a leaking rear window/tailgate.
  2. TC shudder, but the dealership won't fix it because mine is a 2008 and the TSB is for a 2007. Dealership acknowledges that I have the problem though
  3. Loud humming noise coming from the dash when my heater is turned on full. Have taken it to the dealer 2 times for this and get "can't duplicate" even though I took the shop foreman out and showed him.
  4. Grinding noise on startup when I let it sit for more than one day. Taking it in next week for that.

I love my Jeep, but I am very frustrated with it. I had a '95 YJ for 12 years with 160,000 miles on it and I took it out to play in the woods and go rock crawling a lot. Never had a problem or had to replace anything on it. I have only had this one since January. I just don't understand how the quality could have gone downhill since my last Jeep. I'm going to try and keep this one as long as I did my last one though. I just don't think I could let it go even though it has some problems. Maybe I'll get them all worked out and never have another problem.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Too many problems for a $28,000 Jeep, that's for DAMN sure.

1. ETC (electronic throttle control) light has been on since day one when I bought the Jeep in Feb 2007. Been to the dealer 5 times and they have no idea how to fix. Chrysler ended up giving me the 7 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper Maximum Care Warranty for free.

2. Soft top ripped at seem soaking my back seat. Had to get a whole new top.

3. New top leaks and has major wind noise coming from header byt he windshield.

4. Stalled a few times.

Final Conclusion: Chrysler/Jeep sucks a big one.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought my 08 Unlimited X last month. 2300 miles. Probably 800 miles or so off road. No problems so far.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaleenPowr
Too many problems for a $28,000 Jeep, that's for DAMN sure.

1. ETC (electronic throttle control) light has been on since day one when I bought the Jeep in Feb 2007. Been to the dealer 5 times and they have no idea how to fix. Chrysler ended up giving me the 7 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper Maximum Care Warranty for free.

2. Soft top ripped at seem soaking my back seat. Had to get a whole new top.

3. New top leaks and has major wind noise coming from header byt he windshield.

4. Stalled a few times.

Final Conclusion: Chrysler/Jeep sucks a big one.
I feel your pain brother!! With my FIRST JK (Mar 2007), I concluded it was a "Lemon." After 3+ trips to the dealership, the ECT light always came on causing performance issues. (Stalling out, hesitations, complete power shut down while driving) It was horrible. Dealership had no clue how to fix mine either. It was back to back to back break downs. It stayed at the dealership more than in my garage after I bought it. So, After many confrontations/ threats/ tears & pain later, they ordered me a new one and Chysler bought it back under NC Lemon Law. I'm a Happy Camper now!! I love my new problem free Jeep (fingers crossed)! It did have a thermostat problem recently but that's all.

You may want to check your State's Lemon Laws statues.

Overall, nothing compares to a Jeep. Just like every vehicle that are batches that seem to be poorly manufactured but I believe this is NOT the norm. So, hang in there and Good luck to ya!!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Can't get cruise control to work
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Air bags and shifters

I love the jeep, but two days off the lot my check airbag light comes on randomly and lasts a few min and then shuts off only to start again a few miles down the road. It has been back in the dealers shop 6 times. they have replaced the airbag unit and all items down the line. the last time they replaced the horn button and broke the plastic shrowd by the turn signel lever, still waiting for that part. Also the shifter broke at three months, they replaced that with a slightly differnt shifter (makes me believe it might have been a flaw in the design). All in all I still wouldn't go with any other make.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

2008 Unlimited 4x4 4dr. Only thing that has gone wrong is the overdrive button on the tranny console quit working.

The stupid thing is they can't replace just the button, they have to replace the whole console.

This happened when the Jeep was about 3mo old and 2,000mi.

Quick Reply: How problematic is your Jeep?