Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How many problems have you had with your Jeep?
None
43.39%
One
21.66%
Two
11.37%
> Two
23.58%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

How problematic is your Jeep?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detn8RYellow
Damn Spank, Gald I dont have to deal with your stealership.. lol
These guys are tools of such epic proportions, I was seriously hoping they were one of the dealerships that was getting shitcanned by Chrysler, but unfortunately their ignorant shenanigans get to continue.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

iv'e got 5,500 miles on my '09 and not one single problem . although the mod's are starting to begin so i have my finger's crossed . but so far i'm completely happy with this jk ! oh ya , this baby does go off road every other weekend since i bought it . so it has held up to my expectation's so far .
Old 05-26-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Wow too many problems to mention. But here goes.

Major squeking in what I thought was brakes. They are now telling me after 4th visit that it's rear left bent axle.

Steering isue can't seem to figure out. On minute wheel is off center to the left. Next minute it's off center to right.

Seems like you need to turn the wheel a long ways to make it turn.

Oh ya this will be my 3rd sterio replacement.

All this any much more with only 14000 miles.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

My '09 Sahara 4dr is sitting in my garage with dead power steering, only 13,000 KM. Waiting on the stealer to get the part in. It's been almost a week now...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Soft top leaks.... Sunrider latches don't line up right....
damn soft top, going in next week for the 4-5th time!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

I have had 3 problems and possibly a forth with my Jeep but I still love it. The differential cover seals started leaking, very weird for a brand new Jeep. Fixed under warranty. The idler pully is whining and the annoying knocking in the b-pillar. I brought the TSB to the dealership about knocking noise in the b-pillar and they were very suprised I actually had it. They never heard about. The fourth possible problem is the cats are putting out a sulfur odor every time I hit the hills.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

only prob i've had with my 09 unlimited was before i bought it. The dealer couldn't get uconnect to work... didn't know what they were doing and no one smart enough to find someone at chrysler to help (if they exist). finally, after waiting four weeks, with a $2000 check in my pocket for down payment, they got it right. But not before scratching the radio face and leaving a plastic screw out of the a-pillar. just terrible. since purchase, no problems.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Delivered with chassis rust and rust on the a-pillars.
Engine, rear diff and power steering leaked. The power steering pump had to be replaced.
There is an annoying rattle in the door pillar.
And then the cherry on the cake: the dealer had it for 56 working days and a total of 4 visits trying to fix the immobilizer. This is just crap service. It became very ugly - and then they fixed it...

Now it goes like Jeep should!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Damn seat won't stay up. I gotta crank it to a higher position each time I get in (sometimes half way through the trip on longer trips).

Other than that, no probs.... maybe I'll just add some spacers in the seat and leave it... been to the dealership 2x for it (2 diff dealerships at that)
Old 05-28-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

That..............SUCKS. I don't know your dealership but I would seriously speak with the factory rep. and let them know that you had that much trouble getting your Jeep where it should have started. You never should have had that kind of trouble with a new (less than 10 year old vehicle). Additionally they should be aware of your early-on rust issues so that the factory, not the dealership, can track the vehicle to make sure it wasn't some kind of switch-a-roo from a flood or storm area.

Quick Reply: How problematic is your Jeep?