Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How many problems have you had with your Jeep?
None
43.39%
One
21.66%
Two
11.37%
> Two
23.58%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

How problematic is your Jeep?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problems i've have with my 07- soft top leak had it @ the dealer 3 or 4 times and it still leaks, clutch has been replaced, 3 throwout bearings replaced, shifter boots replaced twice, entire shifter replaced once, had to go to the body shop to get doors aligned properly, door seal kits, tried to get the jeep lemoned but couldnt do it here in colorado but did get $7,800 settlement from chrysler. all this and i still love my jeep and wheel it all the time
Old 05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A firm took on my lemon law case. Now just waiting to see what chrysler says.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only problem that i've had is when the key is on acc to listen to the radio, the Jeep chimes and flashes 'door' in the odometer display. The doors are closed. I traded a Dodge truck for my JK. The other day I went back to the Dodge dealer to ask my service advisor (whom I trust!) who I should see for service at the Jeep dealer. He told me to bring it back to him! So, when i get my oil changed, i'll have him take a look at the problem.

btw....Jim Click Dodge at the Tucson AutoMall...see Lance Carpenter!

'09 Wrangler Unlimited
Black, Auto, Tru-Lock, Swaybar Disconnect
Old 05-09-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

I wouldn't call it a "problem" but my only issue has been not getting the front panels on the hardtop to seal completely. No water leaks but the wind noise on the freeway increases a bit. Just have to be careful putting them on.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default less than 5000 miles

Hard top leaks (fixed after 3 trips to dealer)

Two boxes with soft top parts were not in jeep when purchased - dealer was great at resolving this issue 6 months after discovery (fixed)

Rear axle seal leak, dealer botched job first time and had to do over again after grinding noise from axle (fixed)

Hood flutter (fixed by me with ty-wraps)
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The issues I was having with my MyGig were fixed when I had the dealership install the latest update on it. It kept freezing up, especially when I burned CDs in it. Now its fixed and burns CDs a lot faster.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Angry Clunky Steering Noise

I've just fixed the clunking noise when going over bumps thanks to this forum. 2800 miles, a few off road trips and the bushing that supports the steering column through the firewall worked its way out. The steering linkage was flopping around making an inconsistent banging noise. Glad to see the Engineers at Jeep are on their toes. This problem dates back to early 2007 according the dates on the postings.
Still love the jeep.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess one problem one design flaw.
Flaw my soft top leaks
problem the my gig thing stunk and used to freeze. one trip to stealership said they had an upgrade and a free fix. unfortunately had as dodge caliber 2 door worst car ever especially at 6 foot 5
Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only issue I've had is my windshield wiper motor went out. It should've been a simple fix, but the service guys at my dealership are such morons, they replaced the multifunction switch and pump first. After my 3rd service appointment, they finally figured it out and fixed it, but in doing so, they managed to put a huge gash in my steering wheel. I ended up getting a new airbag, too.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

My cruise doesn't work...never did. Took it home from the dealer put on the blue route engaged cruise, that worked light came on. Pushed the handle down...nothing.

Quick Reply: How problematic is your Jeep?