Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How many problems have you had with your Jeep?
None
43.39%
One
21.66%
Two
11.37%
> Two
23.58%
Voters: 1196. You may not vote on this poll

How problematic is your Jeep?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more than two.....but most have been wheelin related
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Header on my soft top is bent. I can't say for sure that I didn't do that this spring when I was putting it back on. If my dealership can ever get one in, they're replacing it under warranty.

My horn sucks. I have to push it really hard to get it to honk.

Other than that, been trouble free.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't know I had problems until I read what people consider problems.

I guess I have had some of those "problems". However, I think they were self created and much less "problems" than I used to have motorcycle prerunning and racing in baja in the score events.

My drivers side window bracket started squeeking, broke the front window, destroyed all 4 stock shocks with the left rear breaking in half causing a really bad hobby horsing effect, and the steering stabilizer started to leak.

This happened after we did a 150 mile desert off road loop that was supposed to be a 2-3 day ride in 1/2 a day. My JK passed over the front of an FJ through a single track woop section. All 3 vehicles ended up with damage and JK peformed great and held together the best.

While rock crawling in big bear my front axle boot tore.

I enjoyed creating each problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mines all good now
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've only had two things:

1) BAS/ESP light came so the dealer replaced the clockspring, hasn't come back yet.
2) Driver seat constantly squeaks until I take it into the dealership when it decides not to. Not sure how I'm going to fix this one. It only does it for me, 6'1" and 200 lbs but not for my wife who weighs a lot less.

I consider both of thee minor problems that haven't prevented me from driving nor have they changed my view of the Jeep, which I love.

Scott
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 AM
c90dan

I had a bad manifold gasket at about 5000 miles. Warranty coverd no problem
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

My passenger front seat ripped a stitch in the inside rear corner (soooo minor) dealer had a very reputable (my choice) local auto interior shop re-stitch it under warranty.

Clutch clank from 1st to 2nd when cold. Not reported to dealer as I think it's very minor and while my carpet IS out and therefore less sound deadening, I would have to say that these JK's just have a noisy clutch.

Oh yeah, my soft top leaks at times also, just on the pass door handle. This is usually only after opening and closing the sunrider top. After I drop the whole thing and put it back up, no leak. Go figure, weatherstrip folded up, pinched or something like that.

It's a JEEP

I love it.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to have the shifter seal replaced on the transmission other than that I haven't had any problems that weren't self inflicted.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

I'd like to change my probs from 3 to two. I turns out that the ticking and exhaust leak are the same problem. Was missing a bolt between the exhaust manifold and the piping towards the catylic converter.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

So far I have had 3 or more problems (Only three I can think of though that I did not cause)

The first is the Emergency Brake cable needed to be tightened after a while, not covered under the 36,000 mile warranty as it turns out.

Next the Horn died, that was replaced under warranty.

I had to change the brake pads when the Jeep had less than 30,000 miles on it... but that may have been due to the larger tires and some mud...

Now I am having a problem where it pops out of first gear when I accelerate (I still need to take it to the dealership). Hopefully whatever is wrong will be under warranty.

Besides those (the last being potentially major) I have had no problems which I did not cause.
---------------------------------
A couple of minor things that I have caused - one of the two little plastic pieces on the corners of the handle bar above the glove box came off and has yet to be found.

If you take the carpet out, the paint inside gets scratched to pieces

A couple major things I have caused - Bent Tie Rod... broken rear window.

Quick Reply: How problematic is your Jeep?