Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: How long Should I wait to Mod my Jeep?
0-500 Miles - 7 Days
21.43%
500 - 1000 Miles - 2 Weeks
17.86%
1000- 2000 Miles - 1 Month
39.29%
Dont, wait, Mod it hoping it dosen't screw up...
21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

How long Should I wait? -Read Post

Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJerm
mod it if you want. like others have said intake and exhaust wont do much to your warranty. The dealer will have to prove the mod caused the failure or problem. As for as lifts, tires and others that pretty much does it. Be like me, go buy one already modded under a dealer warranty
You know, a dealer in my area had an '07 Sahara unlimited sitting on a 2.5" with 33s, all ready to go, and I passed it up. Really wanted the Rubi. But it looked nice, and they said they'd honor the warranty if they sent it out to get aftermarket stuff installed. When I said I didn't really care for the Sahara, they tried to goad me into buying a Rubi and having aftermarket stuff installed through them. While I did turn them down, it might be the way to go for the OP... get all your toys in one fell swoop, and have it under warranty. Might be something to ask your dealer...
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caboose
I like to keep 1-2 K for Safety money in case i get fired, i got enough 4 3 months to make payments. and find a new Job
Holy crap, 1-2k will hold you over for 3 months!! You either have no bills and can save 90% of your money or.... Well, I don't have an or. Your jeep payments will be more than $1000 for 3 months. I agree with the 6 month rule, and all that should be fairly liquid.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. Bumpers won't void your warranty either.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
-

Originally Posted by JKcarp
Holy crap, 1-2k will hold you over for 3 months!! You either have no bills and can save 90% of your money or.... Well, I don't have an or. Your jeep payments will be more than $1000 for 3 months. I agree with the 6 month rule, and all that should be fairly liquid.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. Bumpers won't void your warranty either.
well Im living with my bro, figured we both benefit, we both live in one place, we share all the bills (wich comes to about $500 each for everything a month) and $300/mo car payments, that way we get our cars payed off fast and dont have to worry as much for money..

but yeah thats why...

but...if i get it lifted and i get bigger tires... If something goes wrong, i put all the stock stuff in, remove the lift and return it and all will be good?

and yeah...should i break in the engine first before putting bigger tires?(i think i allready got an answer to that but more oppinions!)
Old 06-27-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

"that way we get our cars payed off fast and dont have to worry as much for money.."

If you are waiting for an '08 and then need to wait while you rack up some miles, maybe you'd be better off finding a used '07 that you could mod right away. I just saw a pristine '07 Rubicon Unlimited with 6,000 miles sell on Ebay for $26,500. I know you'll be better off financially. The money you'll save buying used is money you won't be paying interest on.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

I waited for the 10k mark.. Then started playing.. Even now I still have buggy issues.. No one can really awnser this question...
Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah when i test drove mine it had 100 miles and 35" tires already. like the other guy said, no clue how it rides stock
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

if you're worried about getting fired you should probably start looking for a job. the job market is great right now so why not if you're not liking where you are or a near unemployment.

next i would boost your emergency fund to 6 months of living expenses. put it all in a money market fund or high interest savings account. somewhere you can easily get to it if needed. this is not only for covering expenses if you were to lose your job. it can also cover unforseen expenses, medical bills, etc.

next, if you employer offers a retirement plan and any matching...max out on the matching for the employer. if you're already doing that or don't have an employer plan, open a roth ira and max that out.

then start saving for mods on the jeep. trust me. you'll feel much more comfortable about spending money on the jeep. just some friendly advice
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

oh, in answer to your real question i don't know if it helps to wait or not. i waited about 1000 miles but i don't know if that did anything.

compared to lifts i've had on other vehicles...jeeps are very simple when it comes to mild lifts. just look at the parts list for jeep lift kits. they can be installed/uninstalled pretty quick compared to IFS lifts.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
-

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
if you're worried about getting fired you should probably start looking for a job. the job market is great right now so why not if you're not liking where you are or a near unemployment.

next i would boost your emergency fund to 6 months of living expenses. put it all in a money market fund or high interest savings account. somewhere you can easily get to it if needed. this is not only for covering expenses if you were to lose your job. it can also cover unforseen expenses, medical bills, etc.

next, if you employer offers a retirement plan and any matching...max out on the matching for the employer. if you're already doing that or don't have an employer plan, open a roth ira and max that out.

then start saving for mods on the jeep. trust me. you'll feel much more comfortable about spending money on the jeep. just some friendly advice

any job really isnt secure, you can be layed off for any number of reasons or just because they dint like you and they come out with "there's too many owrkers and not enough costumers..we need to lay some people off ..you actually..."

that money im saving up is just IN CASE something happens...but the poll says 1k-2k miles or about 1 month stock... that means ROADTRIP!!!! i'd say MOAB any1? but a Stock X cant git thur

AS for Used 07's
the only reasy i didnt finance an '07 is because its a first year vehicle, the '08 will have most of the electrical bugs figured out and it will get better as it goes by years but i cant wait any longer
Old 06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go for it. Hell my dealership sells totally tricked out JK's off the showroom floor with 20 miles on the odom.

Quick Reply: How long Should I wait? -Read Post