Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How do I fix this???

Old 07-23-2010, 01:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by GutlessPhred
ok, so i should tighten this down all the way, right? ...
Except "all the way" is to the left in your picture, not to the right (know you didn't mean that kind of right, but you sounded a little uncertain).
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that is undamaged and you have driven any amount then you have been pretty lucky it has not failed. This is the issue some have been having with the JKS trackbar, jam nut looses, the threads wear out the inside and the bar fails. Good eye for noticing that, and good post for showing exactly what you were seeing. Great thread, JOE>
Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it may just be the angle of the picture, or a quick disconnect or something, but this sway bar link bolt end looks a little funny in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-07-23_1033..jpg
Views:	82
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	78042  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the help. i've got it tightened, now i'll see if that was the source of the noise. i'll take a drive this weekend and see.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

maybe just need to replace those grease bushings. i had them go out on my f250 and just replaced those. everything was fine after that. if im right i think that bolt adjust the angle of your passenger side tire. may need to get alignment too. but im not a mechanic or anything. but i had the same issue on a truck.. but i might be wrong in this case. someone let me know if im wrong!!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

ok, it wasn't a the jam nut the source of my problem, but thanks so much for noticing it so i could get it fixed. new question: it seems like there should be some play in the wheel housing thingy (see video), but on the passenger side there seems to be more play/float than the other side. is this ok? Second, when i rotate everything on the driver side there is clunking sound in the diff. i'm assuming this is just the gears and is ok?! hope so(2nd video). thanks for all the insight. helps out a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2qyw_XBWbc The diff noise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Z5Q1IzwzE
Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brashanic
that is your drag link. torque spec is 79 ftlbs. the up and down movement is normal for OEM.
That movement is normal on OEM parts. You also may find that the tie rod (rod from wheel to wheel) does the same thing. That is the noise you are hearing inside the JK. Mine does the same thing. The only fix is to replace the drag link and tie rod with an aftermarket HD one with greaseable ends.

Quick Reply: How do I fix this???