Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How do I adjust the Steering Stops...?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I adjust the Steering Stops...?

I've read a post somewhere by "Renegade" about adjusting the steering stops on the JK. He said the steering stop is just a bolt with a nut welded on it, and by putting a washer under it, it will decrease the right/left wheel travel.

Can someone please elaborate on this? Anyone have pictures of where this bolt is? Has anyone done this?

Please - can someone give detailed instructions?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, on a TJ, this is where you would find the steer stop...

Click here to see my TJ steer stop adjustment write-up

...but, I'm pretty sure the JK steering setup is a bit different. I'll have to give it a look later on today to make sure.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

wayoflife,

Yep, it's the same on the JK. I understand the "washer" thing now, and you're right, I think one washer will cure the problem with 33's without decreasing the turning radius too much.

Thanks~
Old 02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

This is a good fix...I just did it and came back from a test drive and works perfect. I needed 1-fat washer, 1-thin and 1-lock washer to each side. Tires are 285x65 18's with no lift.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: How do I adjust the Steering Stops...?