Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How to clean air condition?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean air condition?

Is there a way I can clean out my air condition I feel like the air blowing is hotter and not as fast? Any information is appreciated.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
You can wash out the condenser (in front of the radiator). They make cleaners for the evaporator if there is mold and stuff on it that would spray into the cowl opening.
X2 on the condenser coils, if you do a lot of mud'n, it could be gum'd up. is it blowing hot when you are driving or when you come to a stop? you need to have air flow going through the engine compartment to keep the air cold. i have a GMC truck and if you sit to long the air gets hot cuz no air is moving across the condense coils.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
You can wash out the condenser (in front of the radiator). They make cleaners for the evaporator if there is mold and stuff on it that would spray into the cowl opening.
Just don't blast it at high pressure or from very close. Running water at hose pressure should be enough to dislodge anything you have stuck in it.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Wsomeone told me it could be the evaporator coil.
Is that possible?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
Wsomeone told me it could be the evaporator coil.
Is that possible?
it could be anything. but start with the simple things like stated above. if its not cool at all there might be a leak wich is the most common cause for a/c not working.

does the compressor come on at all.

it won't turn on if it detects no pressure in the lines.(there is always pressure in there even if its not on)
Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Jeep Thrills stated...it could be anything right now....you may have lost your AC refrigerent in the system through a leak in a seal(s), accumulator leaking. If hosing out the condensor does not fix the issue.....more then likely you lost your refrigerent for the A/C system.

Best is to take into the dealer or AC shop get them to throw in a floresent colored dye in the system to find the exact location(s) of your leak. Then get it fixed and re-charge the system.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Default 1/2 Air?!?

So we've been kicking through a heat wave and my air sucks lately.

The strange part is that the air coming out the passenger side vents is WAY colder than the driver's side.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: How to clean air condition?