Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

How big of a tire can I go on a stock Jk?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013-JeepJK

So you'd rather if no one posted a thread in case someone had already created one?

33" on the stock suspension, OP.
Yes that's the point... There's only so many times people can repeat the same answers before getting annoyed and leaving the forum. And no it's not as simple as 33", there are a bunch of qualifying question that need to be answered before u just say 33". U can go 35", you can even go 37" with trimming or even 40" in a straight line. The point is the question has been answered to death and a simple search would answer all of that without bothering the people that take the time to answer the question in great detail. It takes time to explain and type out questions associated with suspension geometry and the like just to have someone ask them same question two threads later.

I have no idea how some of the veterans on here have lasted as long as they have. There should be a point system or something that pays off for them to show our gratitude. We all know who the consistent guys are on here are with 2500 plus posts answering the tough questions.

It all boils down to lack of respect and consideration. I was once new not long ago, but I knew better than to ask question I could find the answer to. Use the search engine so that we can continue to grow the community instead of polluting it with the same questions over and over again.

To all the unrelenting patient guys/gals out there who make this forum great, I raise my almost empty glass of scotch in gratitude...

And to all u new Jeople, use the search... If u can't find the answer, then post... Simple

**end rant**
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What??? Someone asked the daily question?? Who's turn is it to answer. I swear I need to create a word file for this and just copy and paste....

Too bad I'm on the phone on the site during working hours... Like right now

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 04-02-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I swear I need to create a word file for this and just copy and paste....
I have done exactly that for some subjects.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a perfect example! Ronjenx 8700 posts!! Well done sir... Let's not piss him off lol
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlacatl
Here's a perfect example! Ronjenx 8700 posts!! Well done sir... Let's not piss him off lol
Don't give that a thought. It's the internet, after all. All I have to do is ignore anything/anyone that even comes close to being an aggravation.

(And I'm sure I have been ignored more than a few times for the same reason.)

Last edited by ronjenx; 04-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2013-JeepJK

So you'd rather if no one posted a thread in case someone had already created one?

33" on the stock suspension, OP.
So how would a newbe know how many times a question is posted? No wonder previous owners regulated so much....because of a select few AH!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

If your not gonna lift it slap on some 33s and run with it. Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nicksabellajk

So how would a newbe know how many times a question is posted? No wonder previous owners regulated so much....because of a select few AH!!!!
Cut your fenders
You can run 35s

Leave them you can run 33s

Just search on here fender trimming. It's up to you what you are looking for. And want out of your jeep
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

We might as well help the OP out since everyone's given him/her hell so far lol.

To OP: Are you planning on using the stock wheels/rims? What percentage of driving will be on the street?

Ultimately, with the stock wheels and no lift, the general consensus is that 33" tires are the most you can fit comfortably. If you're using the stock wheels, you'll need to add 1.5" spaces behind each wheel (whether or not you should do this is a WHOLE different conversation). The alternative to running stock wheels with spacers, is to buy aftermarket wheels with 4.5" of backspacing. The backspacing (or the spacer added to the stock wheel) allows the wheel and tire to mount a bit further away from body of the jeep, providing extra space so that your tires wont rub anything.

With this set up, you may experience rubbing at full flex, however you shouldn't have any issues during daily street driving.

Welcome to the forum - there really is a wealth of knowledge, and a whole lot of helpful people here. To nicely add to what others have said, using the search tool will help you a lot - you can find the answer to a lot of questions very quickly, often quicker than asking. It also has the added bonus of helping to reduce the number of times you'll read: "lulz search tool brah"
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: How big of a tire can I go on a stock Jk?