Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hot Oil Question

Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilla
I was looking at an '11 Sahara yesterday.....and there is a large, finned radiator in front of the regular radiator. Is that the tranny cooler? Has the problem been taken care of?
The largest part of what you saw is the A/C condenser.
The tranny cooler is the small bottom portion of it. You should be able to see two lines coming from it, on the driver's side, near the bottom.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I didn't look that closely.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also thank you! That clears up why the OEM cooler doesn't do a good job with the tranny oil!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Also thank you! That clears up why the OEM cooler doesn't do a good job with the tranny oil!
Exactly! It's too small, and is out of the direct air flow.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

hello all i am part of the club as of an hour ago, i just back from some trails and mud pits. thankfully no fires but i ahut it off and turned everything off for about 10 mins and it went away and i called it a day we were out there for about 3 hours and its around 36 degrees here. does anyone know it putting a better tranny cooler will void the powertrain or anything else for the matter? can they really void for something that helps it better.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
hello all i am part of the club as of an hour ago, i just back from some trails and mud pits. thankfully no fires but i ahut it off and turned everything off for about 10 mins and it went away and i called it a day we were out there for about 3 hours and its around 36 degrees here. does anyone know it putting a better tranny cooler will void the powertrain or anything else for the matter? can they really void for something that helps it better.
It says somewhere in the onwers manuel that a trans cooler is recom. Plus if something goes wrong they have to prove that the AM Cooler was the cause. Just be sure to buy a top notch trans cooler like B&M.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

ok thanks for the advise, i plan on getting a B&M cooler after x-mas anyway but never had a problem till today. but if its in writing im sure it would be hard for them to blame it on the cooler if it is al hooked up right and it doesnt look that difficult. well thanxs guys and glad to be part of the club il let you all know how the install goes later.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I was reading the thread on the install of the cooler and I did not see anyone installing one of these on a 2010 model JK? Did Jeep change something on them such as a better OEM cooler or does a 2010 also need the aftermarket cooler? Never have had my hotoil light come on? Thanks
I put one on my 2010.

Quick Reply: Hot Oil Question