Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Horn and left hand steering wheel buttons not working

Old 09-10-2021, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn and left hand steering wheel buttons not working

Has anyone had the same issue? My steering wheel buttons on the left hand side and rear of the steering wheels don’t work, the horn doesn’t work but my cruise control does. I’ve changed the clockspring (I used genuine mopar part) and the fault it’s exactly the same. All the fuses look ok, any ideas? Thanks
Old 09-13-2021, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you MAY have gotten a bad clockspring - I have heard of this happening before especially when the replacement part was not a Mopar part... Alternatively, the connections within the buttons may have become fowled (e.g., corroded etc.) - I had this happen on an 01 Dodge before in my dad's truck as he was a heavy smoker. I doubt this is the case as it would not explain why your horn is not working. Thus, I am leaning towards my initial suggestion at a solution (i.e., bad new clockspring). As an aside that maybe only you will get on this forum - I thought my MGB with it's "Prince of Darkness" wiring had bad electrical problems... THEN I got into Chrysler vehicles! WAY worse!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jake_inspired
Has anyone had the same issue? My steering wheel buttons on the left hand side and rear of the steering wheels don’t work, the horn doesn’t work but my cruise control does. I’ve changed the clockspring (I used genuine mopar part) and the fault it’s exactly the same. All the fuses look ok, any ideas? Thanks
I know this thread is old but just wondering if you fixed the issue. Thanks

Quick Reply: Horn and left hand steering wheel buttons not working