Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hope it's not true !!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa! Discontinued? How'd you find that out? Why?? Is Rescue Green making that many people SICK?? Or is it sooooo popular that there are too many of them running around? I love it, and my Sahara 4-door is that color. I wanted that because, around where I live, it's rather rare, and everyone knows whose jeep that one is...
Vedo
Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tons of rescue greens out here... at first I hated it but I guess I've seen so many now I"m just numb to it since I almost like em!

Granted, every single rescue green one I've seen around here has been stock, typically sahara, and loaded with mall crawlin moms!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that the sunburst orange was replacing the rescue green next year. I am curious about the leather seats. I am hoping that is an option in 2009. My guess though is the the customer service messed up since I have not heard of onyx green on the JK, or leather coming from the factory.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Man, glad I got my RG when I did.

Every time I park that thing I get a comment on how cool the color is. Thats the first thing out of people's mouths. And my ex girlfriend said she hated the color! I guess thats why she is an ex. haha.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Leather Seats??? Is that an option in Nova Scotia? That's not a standard option for the Wrangler unless they just changed something...
News update from my Dealer: "The Jk Sahara 4dr only has a factory leather seating and appearance group ($1710). Also Steel blue and rescue green are GONE! Jeep will also offer up a chrome appearnce group ($1035) and (mirrors and grill).
Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

that onyx green is probably referring to the Jeep Green color.. since Jeep Green is not the actual name of a color outside of Chrysler.. am I wrong? the jeep green is probably really called onyx green..
Old 04-14-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any word if they were coming out with a different blue Joe002?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Just want to give a little background for those of you who weren't around on the site back in the "early days": This isn't the first time that they planned on killing Rescue Green... the difference is that, this time, they're actually doing it.

They were going to get rid of Rescue Green for the '08 model year, when they introduced Detonator Yellow, (supposedly because they said it'd be too expensive to run all these different color options in production) but there was apparently enough of a demand from buyers and dealerships that they decided to keep it going for one more year... so if you missed out on an '08, sounds like your only choice for Rescue Green is to buy used, or to custom paint!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi

What does this mean for body repairs? Will body shops still be able to obtain the color?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
What does this mean for body repairs? Will body shops still be able to obtain the color?
Absolutely they will be able to... the paint itself will still be made... it just won't be offered as part of the Jeep production process in the Toledo, OH factory (if they're really offing the color).

Quick Reply: Hope it's not true !!!!!