Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hood locks

Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just think replacing a rubber product with another rubber product is defeating the purpose , drake is expensive, but yes,, you get what you pay for
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NDN_GREEN
I read on here to remove the spring under the hood; I tried it and now the hood stays down and doesn't move at all.
So just remove the spring completely?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sarathesahara
I've noticed that when I go down the highway my hood begins to shake and rattle with upstarts of wind, it doesn't make a noise, but it does make me wonder if anyone has had a hood fly up on them while driving. And if you have heard of it any suggestions?
Rubber latches are stretching out. I had this problem. Daystar makes replacement hood straps that are made out of a plastic like material. They shut the hood tight. Problem solved.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The daystars helped me for a bit, but it's been about a year and they are starting to stretch out too. They are easier to close and the hood is starting to flutter around Semi trucks again. I'm saving for some very expensive but metal drake hold downs.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

You guys may want to ask around about the drakes, I thought I read some where that they will rust after a few months. Dont quote me on this, just what I read.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They recalled the bad batch. Quadratec confirmed they have the new ones with higher grade metals.

Quick Reply: Hood locks