Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hood Latches

Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was there actually a recall on this bc i brought my 09 to te dealer for this and they said its a normal feature of this vehicle
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it when dealers explain away crappy engineering or dangerous flaws as a "Jeep" thing. If only the people that used these had a hand in the build process, now then, would that be a vehicle or what
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy

Well, so you all don't feel bad, the 2010 still has the hood issue, and my dealer told me that "he never looks in the internet Jeep forums because they're like reading the National Enquirer." It's obvious that they don't give a darn about the Voice of the Customer.

I've had my JK in twice now for the wind tunnel noise in the top, supposedly they've ordered a new top for me (hard top, and I've made some secret marks on it just in case they are trying to do what they did the first time I brought the car in - nothing!), so I am going to just do the zip tie fix on the hood for now.

I really like the Jeep, but after less than 30 days of ownership, I can't say I'm glad I didn't do more research on this forum first.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bayrat
I love it when dealers explain away crappy engineering or dangerous flaws as a "Jeep" thing. If only the people that used these had a hand in the build process, now then, would that be a vehicle or what
Yeah this is the second thing they explained to me as a JEEP thing i had a problem with my throw out bearing squealing it was really loud and the service mangier keep telling me its a normal sound, took them a week to finally admit there was a problem and drop the tranny
Old 12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

invest in the daystar hood latch's...you will never have the hood dance again....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blooty
Well, so you all don't feel bad, the 2010 still has the hood issue, and my dealer told me that "he never looks in the internet Jeep forums because they're like reading the National Enquirer." It's obvious that they don't give a darn about the Voice of the Customer.

I've had my JK in twice now for the wind tunnel noise in the top, supposedly they've ordered a new top for me (hard top, and I've made some secret marks on it just in case they are trying to do what they did the first time I brought the car in - nothing!), so I am going to just do the zip tie fix on the hood for now.

I really like the Jeep, but after less than 30 days of ownership, I can't say I'm glad I didn't do more research on this forum first.
Your wind noise might be a normal sound for a Jeep. Just don't get your hopes up it's going to be fixed with a roof replacement. And by the way most of us on this forum love our Jeeps even though they do have faults. Remember it's not a car or a SUV, a Jeep is more like a truck/SUV combination. IMHO

Last edited by wmcvey; 12-09-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Hood Latches