Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Homelink mirror?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink mirror?

Greetings all, has anyone replaced the stock 2012 rear view non dimming mirror with a Gentex homelink model? If so which one fits the stock base on the windshield? Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CRUSH2012
Greetings all, has anyone replaced the stock 2012 rear view non dimming mirror with a Gentex homelink model? If so which one fits the stock base on the windshield? Thanks
sounds interesting but I have not. I am sure someone here has.....
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM
PGT
JK Enthusiast

Amazon has a few that say "fit standard Chrysler wedge mount". That's teh easy part....the hard part is wiring it to a 12V source in the windshield header. The only thing up there is the mic for the UCommand phone.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this in my old TJ. Wiring was easy, however there was a problem. The mirror is larger then stock and it interfered with the sun visors.

I've got the old one from my TJ in a box, but I never looked to see if it would work in the JK. (Mine didn't have the homelink keys, but was auto dimming and had the temp on it.. I -really- missing the auto dimming, but the temp is already on the dash.)

One of these days I'm likely to order the homelink + autodimming and try to install it, assuming it doesn't have the sunvisor problem.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cheaper homelink solution

Hey all you can get universal homelink units on Ebay and Amazon for real reasonable $15 to 30$ if it's not in the mirror. some of them are 9 volt powered and can be placed virtually anywhere the pad fits. Google them !!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

There are only types of mounts. I believe all Chrysler is wedge mount.

Quick Reply: Homelink mirror?