Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

holy crap, please help me.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Octo
If you haven't already post in the one of the Canadian sub groups and you might be able to find a helpful set of hands to help install the soft top when you get all the pieces.
Q: how many Canadians does it take to install a soft top?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
Q: how many Canadians does it take to install a soft top?

5 - Nuckers

2 to grab the sled and sled dogs and mush on down to the local beer store and grab a couple cases of Molson Canadian Stubbies eh, another to cook the Canadian backbacon and one to stash the BC bud in the JK and the last one to figure out why a softop was an option for Canadian Weather eh??
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smuhhh
Yeah I am the second owner... so either the guy before me forgot to give it to the dealership, or he kept it/sold it. Or the dealership took it out to clean the jeep or something and forgot to put it back in. I'm not actually super impressed either way.

Follow up question, after watching the video on jeep.com of the guy intsalling an '08 soft top, my '07 soft top appears to be a bit different. Am I right here? Do I ever have a JK soft top?... alright, kidding on the last part

They couldn't have done that great a job of cleaning the Jeep if they missed a big weed bud! LOL.

Maybe the previous owner forgot to pack up everything. Weed can make ya forgetful. I wish I was in Canada, I'd have been happy to take that nugget of your hands... heh heh!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
5 - Nuckers

2 to grab the sled and sled dogs and mush on down to the local beer store and grab a couple cases of Molson Canadian Stubbies eh, another to cook the Canadian backbacon and one to stash the BC bud in the JK and the last one to figure out why a softop was an option for Canadian Weather eh??

Now that's funny! LMAO!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah who knows, buddy probably put it on the top shelf of his igloo and forgot about it.

6 years ago i would have been thrilled about finding some bud. Not my thing anymore though.

The dealer just called me back to inform me they are still trying to figure out what's up... so I guess no real progress. Ah well, maybe I'll take the sled to work tommorow.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by smuhhh

The dealer just called me back to inform me they are still trying to figure out what's up... so I guess no real progress. Ah well, maybe I'll take the sled to work tommorow.

Smuhhh: Hi Hosehead
Dealer: Welcome to our Dealership, eh? Grab a cold one and help yourself to a donut. Wait! Don't take the last Jelly, ok? Take one of the Chocolate Frosted'
Smuhhh: Hey hoser, get me my softop parts eh.
Dealer: First owner, had the idea to turn in all his empties at the recycle place & sell the softop parts to buy BC bud. Beauty thinkin', eh? So, we's looked around the Internet for the softop parts and these were the only important links we could find, eh: BEER, BACK BACON,BEER,ICE HOCKEY, DONUTS, BEER
Smuhhh: Take-off hoser I want my softop parts eh.
Dealer: Fine eh
Smuhhh: Beauty eh
Dealer: Take off hosehead
smuhhh: Take-off hoser.

Quick Reply: holy crap, please help me.