Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

High pitch sound thread!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pitch sound thread!

Hi guys,

About 2 weeks ago my just while driving to work, i noticed a high pitch scaping sound coming from the rear drivers area, i think! I havent done any off roading for months, havent hit anything or done anything out of the normal.

Sound happens whenever the wheels get rolling, and only goes away when i break, but comes back when i release the break. Its not super loud but i can hear it from inside with my windows rolled up with no music playing.

I know i need to change my brake pads could that be it?? Im due for an oil change and plan on getting them to look at it but i cant get in for another week and a half.

jeeps a stock sahara 2008 with 45k km on it. only mod i have are the spider track spacers.

any idea on wut it could be? any help is apreaciated!

thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say it's the pad squealer tab. I think the OEM pads have that feature to let you know your pads are just about gone
Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i didnt even know that they had them....thanks

Quick Reply: High pitch sound thread!