Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hesitation when on the gas

Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try turning off the ESP (temporarily or permanently) and see if this helps. I think that the nanny mode doesn't like to release the brakes until it has determined that the wheels aren't going to spin. My Jeeps seems a little more responsive when first starting with ESP off.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed a sprint booster and wow big difference... i didn't think it would do much .. but for me made a huge differnce... made the jk much more enjoyable to drive.. the sprint boosters are alittle pricey but i think it was worth it
Old 05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blockrockin
you could try a sprint booster.. it is suppose to get rid of the hesitation.. people who have tried it says it works. makes the pedal more responsive

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17616_0001.htm
X2- Don't have one but sure sounds interesting!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

yes the sprint booster is interesting... i really wasn't expecting much ..but it gave me just what i was looking for... the jk feels like it has more horsepower even though it dosent... the pedal is alote more responsive ... I'm happy

Quick Reply: Hesitation when on the gas