Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help!! Sudden loss of power

Old 04-03-2017, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Sudden loss of power

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with my JK and I can't figure out what it could be. Lately I've been experiencing a sudden loss in power/drop in RPM's. I'll be cruising along at 2000 RPM when it would suddenly drop 500 and then after a few second ramp back up to 2000rpm. Or when I'm sitting at a light idling at 500rpm the engine would suddenly die. I live in Canada and I've noticed that when the outside temperature is colder than -10c the Jeep performs fine but when it's above 0 I will start experiencing the issues. I have also noticed that when I'm reversing out of a parking spot on full lock the engine will most likely die.

It's a 2012 Unlimited with the auto and it's basically stock, except for the tires.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to diagnose anything over the interwebs.. but with that info, I'd say fuel pump or computer module... good luck! Let us know

Quick Reply: Help!! Sudden loss of power