Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with Rubi Sway Bar Disco

Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine works fine, but sometimes after it relocks, the light still blinks. I find if I hit the switch again, it stops flashing.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jklew98
Any one have any ideas? Went wheeling today and disconnected the swaybar in the morning and the "sway Bar" light has been flashing ever since! I have tried reconnecting in 2Hi, 4Hi and 4Lo, driven it at highway speed and the light won't stop flashing Any suggestions?

Thanks
It's happening to me again too ... It's been blinking for 4 days now. Any more suggestions on how to get the Sway Bar light to stop flashing ? I tried disconnecting the battery...no luck.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine started flashing unexplainably also. So I unplugged the connector, cleaned it out, and added some dielectric grease. Hasn't flashed again since.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MELONHED
Mine started flashing unexplainably also. So I unplugged the connector, cleaned it out, and added some dielectric grease. Hasn't flashed again since.
Unplugged the connector at the sway bar motor ? I'll give that a try ...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MELONHED
I'm having trouble unplugging the connector on the sway bar motor. Is there a pic you could post of what exactly unplugs ?

I'm thinking the next time I disconnect the sway bar (if I ever get the e-disco working again) I may need a "sway bar motor condom" like this one I found on another forum to keep the water/gunk away from the electronics ... This entire unit was just replaced under warranty about a year ago and now it's acting up again. The sway bar light has been blinking for two weeks since it automatically reconnected on the trail and I can't get it to respond to the button to disconnect again.

Quick Reply: Help with Rubi Sway Bar Disco