Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

help picking new JKU

Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help picking new JKU

I'm buying a new JKU sport next week. I have found 2 of them that are the same but one has the MOAB wheel package and the other has the trac-lock rear end. The price is only $400 apart. Now I'll be honest this will be a mall crawler 99% of the time. the other 1% is when I go camping, make way back up to northern Il. in Nov, Dec, and Feb., or at the beach here in NC. Buying it mostly for the 4dr drop top. Now I like the look of the MOAB wheels "they look manly" but, not sure about BFG tires. I'm guessing not the best choice for road use. Is the Goodyear that much more superior for black top use. Now with the one with the Trac-lock, does not look as cool, And I'm thinking I probley will rarely use it. But it is nice to have just in case. One other important thing this dealer gives you tires for life of the jeep. But has to be same brand and style that came with it.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-16-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a dealer is giving you tires for the life of the vehicle then elect for the Moab with the bfg's....they're actually worth something when you're done with them.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would want the Trac loc. You can pick up used Moabs cheap anytime.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they the BFG Muds?If so,ask if they would switch them to the BFG AT.Its a good tire and not as aggressive and still looks good.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

What rear does each have. If one has 3.73 that would be a plus.

Quick Reply: help picking new JKU