Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help for a New Guy

Old 07-16-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help for a New Guy

Just bought a jeep and the previous owner apparently did some work on the center dash and lost some of the clips. The plastic panel is loose and I need to fix it. Is there any source for these clips? I have heard rumors that they are only available from the dealer and only come with replacement parts. Is this true? Would they possibly be included with an aftermarket part? If so, can someone point me to a good source for this part? Seems there are 5 million jeep part sources online and I have no idea which are the most favored. I'm sure you guys have experience. I've checked a few online spots but honestly I don't know if I have the correct name for the part. It's the panel that extends from the top dash, around the radio and down to the bottom. I would also describe it as "step shaped".

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Swampworks
Just bought a jeep and the previous owner apparently did some work on the center dash and lost some of the clips. The plastic panel is loose and I need to fix it. Is there any source for these clips? I have heard rumors that they are only available from the dealer and only come with replacement parts. Is this true? Would they possibly be included with an aftermarket part? If so, can someone point me to a good source for this part? Seems there are 5 million jeep part sources online and I have no idea which are the most favored. I'm sure you guys have experience. I've checked a few online spots but honestly I don't know if I have the correct name for the part. It's the panel that extends from the top dash, around the radio and down to the bottom. I would also describe it as "step shaped".

Thanks!
I've had good luck at this site...

Chrysler Clips And Fasteners
Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently found a clip that is very similar and works at Pep Boys...of course they only had one package left so they may be hard to come by still. A few years ago I tried ordering from the dealer, and aside from being crazy expensive...they were the wrong size and didn't work.

Quick Reply: Help for a New Guy