Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP!! Multiple Check Engine Codes

Old 03-24-2022, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Multiple Check Engine Codes

I had my check engine light come on and when I had it checked the following codes popped up:

Powertrain
P0128: Coolant Thermostat (coolant temp below thermostat regulating temperature)- engine doesn’t seem to be running hot
P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0430: “ “(Bank 2)
P0369: Camshaft Position Sensor Intermittent- Bank 1 & 2- replaced camshaft sensor 3 days ago
P2638: Torque Management Feedback Signal Performance

ABS
C121C Torque Request Signal Denied

I am fairly certain I have a faulty clock spring (airbag light on, horn & buttons on steering wheel are all out)

Any suggestions? Could any or all be related to each other or to the faulty clock spring?

Thanks!

Last edited by thines24; 03-25-2022 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Mistyped
Old 03-24-2022, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 380 Likes on 355 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. Good friendly group, much knowledge and experience.. I note that you show a 2012 .. Looking at the codes several could be old stored codes.. write down all of these.. and then clear the codes.. The P0420 /30 will probably come back after driving for a day or 2 driving (unfortunately that is Catalytic converter code.. before replacing the converters put up a post again on that condition) the Cam sensor check the installation now that the Cam was replaced. You can run each code on Google and find the probable culprits. Keep us updated on your resolutions and progress.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Also make sure the battery is healthy with a proper load test on the battery. And make sure the connections are clean. Me and a friend recently had the coolant error code. We both replaced our thermostat and the problem was solved. That is a very easy job to do, less than 30 minutes.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thines24
I had my check engine light come on and when I had it checked the following codes popped up:

Powertrain
P0128: Coolant Thermostat (coolant temp below thermostat regulating temperature)- engine doesn’t seem to be running hot
P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0430: “ “(Bank 2)
P0369: Camshaft Position Sensor Intermittent- Bank 1 & 2- replaced camshaft 3 days ago
P2638: Torque Management Feedback Signal Performance

ABS
C121C Torque Request Signal Denied

I am fairly certain I have a faulty clock spring (airbag light on, horn & buttons on steering wheel are all out)

Any suggestions? Could any or all be related to each other or to the faulty clock spring?

Thanks!
when it is that many at once I would check your battery terminals and make sure they are tight, test the battery and alternator, check and make sure body grounds are tight. Usually is an electrical issue when everything goes haywire. Happened to me before. I got a battery terminal shim because my negative would always come loose on bumpy roads even though I would use a socket to get it all the way down and tighten it. It has stayed tight since the shim. Also had a loose body ground. Cleared the codes and they never came back.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by thines24
P0369: Camshaft Position Sensor Intermittent- Bank 1 & 2- replaced camshaft 3 days ago

You actually replaced the camshaft, or just a new sensor? I only ask cuz replacing the camshaft isn't a small task and it seems like an extreme move as a P0369 fix before doing other things.

The P2638 and C121c codes would concern me. They are not common ones to pop up and diggin around a bit would have me concerned about a PCM replacement.

I've fought the camshaft code myself and I've never seen the cat codes pop up in combination with that and related misfires. The P0128 is likey just thermostat and unrelated, though odd if you hadn't seen that previously and it all just came up at the same time.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the responses! I did forget to say “camshaft sensor” was replaced. Not the camshaft itself.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the Jscan and wireless adapter and it gives you so many sensors to watch and see just what they are doing. I had a wheel sensor that was making the ABS light come on. I was able to watch all the sensors and see one was not reading and go straight to it. Had some other sensors I watched and saw the readings were bad or missing.. Cost like 20 bucks for the program and 20 for the wireless plug in adapter.

I needed some keys made for it and was able to program them myself..

Quick Reply: HELP!! Multiple Check Engine Codes