Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP, I can't turn!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steering stabilizer? Park it with the wheels straight, and look at the axle, tires, anything connected to the front axle. Then turn the wheels full left/right and check it again. Also check the with the wheels half turned. Stop driving it if at all possible. take/tow it to the dealer and demand they fix it and put you in a rental at no charge. the axle binding it probably causing some serious damage, especially at high speeds...

as always someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

I agree with MJS. Look at all your steering stuff up front and look for contact marks. Not sure about the skipping thing but from time to time my steering has done something similar to the not turning. Just turn slightly to the opposite direction and then retry it. OH yeah, MAKE THE DEALERSHIP DO ALL THE WORK!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

thanks Everyone! I finally found the problem. I had the dealer tell me it was my ESP and everytime I toook it in they would flash the ECU. The last time I asked them to remove the diff cover and when they did they found.....Pieces. I am now having new spider gears and pinioin gear replaced.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dugie
thanks Everyone! I finally found the problem. I had the dealer tell me it was my ESP and everytime I toook it in they would flash the ECU. The last time I asked them to remove the diff cover and when they did they found.....Pieces. I am now having new spider gears and pinioin gear replaced.
So were the front wheels locked together causing binding?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dugie

Wow, no pics? Are they doing it under warranty?

Quick Reply: HELP, I can't turn!