Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with front turn signal removal

Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 AM
WLF
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with front turn signal removal

So a couple of mods I wanted to do first to my JK were the bedlined grille an also installing the Recon smoked turn signal LEDs. Both involve removing the grille so I figured I would see if I could do that today with the only free time I have.

Got the grille off, was really easy and I was able to remove the stock amber turn signals. What I am having trouble with is removing the bulb from the wiring. This is what I have

The Recon says simple plug and play installation so I am thinking I just unplug this bulb and plug it into my new lights. Why can't I get the bulbs to come out? Am I just being a wuss and not pulling hard enough?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the red tab either slides up towards the wires or down towards the connector. I know when I take my doors off the electric plug has a red tab that needs to be released to allow the connectors to separate. Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM
WLF
JK Newbie

I got it. I am the world's biggest idiot. I needed to just pull out the bulb, whereas I was pulling where it makes the 90 degree turn which I think is one solid piece of plastic. ugh
Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good to know. Glad you got it working.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
WLF
JK Newbie

I still need to put the resistors on so they don't hyper-blink, but for now I am gonna leave them.

Quick Reply: Help with front turn signal removal