Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP!! Crank but no start on 2012 JKU 6MT

Old Today, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP!! Crank but no start on 2012 JKU 6MT

Got stranded and need some advice!

2012 JKU with 6-speed manual, 131K miles. It's been sitting in the garage a few weeks unused. Drove it 100 miles going 80+mph and no issues. Stopped the vehicle and went to restart, will continuously crank and not start leaving me stranded. Scanned it with JSCAN and no codes thrown!! It's got 1/2 tank gas and I believe the gas gauge to be accurate.

Left it sit overnight and it started right up! Drove it 3 blocks went great, stopped the motor. Went to restart and same thing - crank, no start.

It has a rebuilt TIPM from MAK's that is ~4 months old which may be a possible clue in all of this but perhaps something similar has happened to someone else? Fuel pump is a likely suspect except that I could probably leave the Jeep running like crazy and it'd work fine, it's only when stopping the motor while hot and restarting.

Any advice on what to chase down is very appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!! Crank but no start on 2012 JKU 6MT