Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help beat up 2010

Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't a grammar thread. Please keep your posts on topic or they will be removed from the thread.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that he knew what he was doing.
Yes, apparently he knew what he was doing.
"There has been quite of body damage from to much drinking ..."

But it's no reason to apply it indiscriminately to every situation.
It's not indiscriminate, it is HIS view of the situation.

I want to think that everyone is a responsible adult. That people can maintain. That people can get a little drunk and drive around some obstacles and not be maniacs.
You consider this guy to be responsible?

Does he think that maybe he was drinking to much and acting somewhat irresponsibly?
....nah.

You never want to be that person? Me, I never want to be the person that tries to justify this type of behavior. He admits!! that the damage was due to his drinking. It wasn't a mistake. It wasn't an accident. He was drunk and having "too much fun" to stop...
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess I'll get back on track track and actually try to help instead of bitching! YOU'RE going to have to bring it in to a dealer. They will flash it.... The electrical could be from water, a disconnected wire, or blow fuse or relay... Either way it will prob give a code... Depending on the amount of body damage, they may or may not cover you... If you have a dent on YOU'RE rear bumper and the power steering doesent work... Youll prob be covered... But if YOU'RE front end is smashed in they will prob void you cause of damage and tell you to claim it on YOU'RE insurance.

Post a pic of YOU'RE jeep and let us see the damage.... That will make it easier... Is YOU'RE jeep leaking any fluid? What year? How many miles?
Old 01-17-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The dealership may pressure you into saying it's your fault, just say you have had fun wheeling your Jeep, and just be careful while drinking and don't go on any public roads or near anyone else that you could possibly hurt or kill.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dralphy

The dealership may pressure you into saying it's your fault, just say you have had fun wheeling your Jeep, and just be careful while drinking and don't go on any public roads or near anyone else that you could possibly hurt or kill.
I think someone that abuses their vehicle should accept the consequences. He drinks too much and then goes out and acquires a lot of body damage, this tells me that he abuses it. Why should the dealership or Chrysler be responsible for this?
Jeeps are the most capable vehicle in stock form but even they have limits. People that have had too much to drink (his own words) usually don't know their own limits not to mention a jeeps.
O.P., post some pics of your jeep and clarify anything that has been taken out of context. Your post leads almost everyone here to believe that you expect chrysler to stand behind a product that you have abused. Until you defend your position this is the way it stands. Again, I apologize in advance if your post was incorrectly interpreted.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think this guy is messing with everybody. It can't be serious.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Michiguy
I think this guy is messing with everybody. It can't be serious.
+1

Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

at least he is honest, when he is honest to the service writer he is going to laugh... with the body damage he shouldnt have to do anything but take a few pictures to prove it was neglect...
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess we scared them away....
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Angry now I'M JUST BEAT DOWN...

just to set the record straight I damaged jeeps sorry ecuse of a front bumper and 1 door...the pass. side ...I don't go getting shit faced drunk and driving my jeep it.s not a boat or a sand rail it,s a new jeep I have been babying it..it hardy comes out of 4 lo 2nd or 3 gear...the door damage came from my drunkin spotter not doing his job :we take our jeeps any where 4 wheelers go and sometimes the trails get dam tight....you people shure are quick to attack someone...if I wanted thet or needed it I would have stayed with the x....around here jeepin and drinking go hand and hand...like whit on rice...so you westerners just need to stay out west after all you can't be afraid all your lives...

Quick Reply: Help beat up 2010