Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help beat up 2010

Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help beat up 2010

I've been wheelin the heck out of my stock 2010 rubi. . and now have electrical issues and no power steering. Is jeep going to stand behind it? There has been quite of body damage from to much drinking and no power steering and maybe to much fun.....nah. has anyone had to deal with jeep on similiar issues? thanks and cheers....
Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wing 1
I've been wheelin the heck out of my stock 2010 rubi. . and now have electrical issues and no power steering. Is jeep going to stand behind it? There has been quite of body damage from to much drinking and no power steering and maybe to much fun.....nah. has anyone had to deal with jeep on similiar issues? thanks and cheers....
As long as you don't have any aftermarket parts or you didn't hydrolock it they can't really say anything against you.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wing 1
Body damage from too much drinking? Does this mean wheeling while drunk or buzzed? If this is the case it was probably abused instead of wheeled.
If this is not what you mean I apologize in advance, but this is the way it comes across to me.

Last edited by benny; 01-16-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Body damage from too much drinking? Does this mean wheeling while drunk or buzzed? If this is the case it was probably abused instead of wheeled.
I'm with Benny on this one. Be sure to let the service guys know that you damaged it by being an idiot and driving around drunk. Who knows, maybe they can hook you up with a special flag on your account.

Glad you're on the other side of the country...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Good 6th post. This place is a wealth of knowledge. Do what you do man but think before you post it up if your really looking for input.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt852
As long as you don't have any aftermarket parts or you didn't hydrolock it they can't really say anything against you.
Maybe the 12 step program would help??
Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I'm gonna get hammered and hit a telephone pole head on and see if jeep will warrantee my radiator cause it's still under warrantee. Really?

I don't think this is the right forum to post things like that... Were pretty serious about our JKs and being responsible while we 4x4. Doing dumb stuff while your drunk is normal but we drive these roads and trails too most with our family's. If your too drunk to avoid trail obstacles or to drunk to care that means you could have hit one of us. Get wasted at home not on the trail.

We have all posted dumb stuff and I'm not trying to be a dick.... I'm just saying think before you post.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

lol, I was just reading wayoflife's post about "the trails belonging to you and me" and I would think that this qualifies as a reportable post. So I will do my part and hit the report button
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Let me rephrase my earlier statement, as long as you don't go around going go fast like 60 mph in the desert, and use the Jeep correctly within it limits, not turning it into a boat, a sandrail, a tank, or treating it like a monster truck, treating it like a stock JK you should be fine.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Youri
I just felt like it was weird that adults didn't know (or didn't care) to do something as simple as use the right word when attacking some guy on an internet forum.

No reason to get upset and hostile over it. I'm not saying you guys are bad people. Just ignorant/lazy.

Anyway, I hate drunk drivers as much as the next guy but I think there's a huge difference between drinking & driving and getting drunk and wheeling your jeep a little bit. I think that's a pretty rational stance. I don't think he's a horrible human being because he's not a 100% serious professional offroader but likes to have fun in his jeep in his own way.

Also, I made it so my signature helps people out so they can try to make an effort to write properly and get taken more seriously.
We maybe ignorant and lazy but we are not stupid. Drinking and wheeling, even on what are easy trails, can still kill. It should be discouraged as much as possible. I am not a professional "offroader" but I still would like to be safe on the trails. These are not tinker toys or matchbox cars. They are serious machines which can and have killed both drivers/passengers and bystanders.

Please don't play down drinking and driving.

Quick Reply: Help beat up 2010