Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with Alignment

Old 09-03-2023, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Alignment

I need some good suggestions please. I’d really appreciate any help. I’m out of ideas.

I’m trying to adjust the toe-in on my JK. It’s toed in a bit - 3/8”.
Problem is when I try to turn the knurled adjuster, it won’t turn. Not even a little bit. My last attempt ended up stripping a bit of the knurling and it still didn’t budge.
Everywhere I’ve looked makes it seem like turning the adjuster is easy. Even doable by hand. I’ve sprayed it with PB Blaster, and tried a lot of different things, but now that it’s stripping, I’m coming here for help.
Any suggestions? Anyone ever have this issue? Thanks for any solutions.

Edit: Forgot to say, it is a JKU Sahara with 33” tires, and everything else is still stock.

Last edited by Evolove; 09-05-2023 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Welcome to JKF. If the TR is rusted to hell you will need a bit of heat but not enough to soften the metal. Second choice is a new TR. 3/8" toe in is way too much.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really appreciate the help.
Crazy thing is there is not much rust. It looks fine, just a little “patina” which is why I’m surprised it’s so stuck.
I guess I’ll pull it off, see what’s going on, and if I can’t get it to turn, I’ll buy a new one. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (09-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Help with Alignment