Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with airbag question after crash

Old 07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Well the insurance company ended up totaling my son's jeep. Evidently they stopped totaling the repair cost when they hit $18K and were only half way through. There's some good news though. Insurance company already cut a check so we picked up a new jeep for him this afternoon. I'm very impressed with how well Jeeps hold their value and how quick the insurance company worked and resolved our claim. The crash happened at 2 a.m. Monday morning and we received our check by 8:30 a.m. today (Friday). The parents of the boy who drove/crashed my son's jeep are also supposedly covering the deductible so this ordeal is almost over. Of course I'm still responsible for any medical claims since it was our jeep (except for the driver's) and I'm sure our rates will go up but at least no one was severly injured.

Thanks to everyone for the great info on how airbags actually work. I've definately learned a lot from all of this.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Help with airbag question after crash