Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Heater Core Flush adapter?

Old 02-25-2022, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater Core Flush adapter?

Anyone seen or tried this? I think this is the second time in 75k i've had to replace the thermostat in my 2015 jk 4dr. This video talks about casting sand in there. oculd that be causing the thermostat to break?

Do you think his filter idea is good?
Thanks!

Old 02-25-2022, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Arthur is a member on this forum (Dirt Hammer) and is around if you want to get a follow-up to his video since it's been a little while. I don't slam the idea of a filter given just talking about going to the heater core and it's nothing that can bog down the entire cooling system, though my opinion is the filter is just way too small. I think the flush part of the video is pretty good and wouldn't be a bad idea as regular maintenance. Unfortunately, I think our thermostats are just a regular service item regardless.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

oh nice! Ok. I am asking beasue I need to change the oil cooler assembly and there is a thermostat that needs replacing. I figure I might as well do as much as I can while under there. Spark plugs, oil cooler, flush rad and heater core, swap thermostat.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:02 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Heck, while you're at it you may as well pull both valve covers, replace gaskets, and replace those rocker arms that are a common issue on this 3.6L. It's never-ending. If you're anything like me, you'll get your work done and everything buttoned up and then the tick tick tick will start.

I finally got around to installing an oil catch can. I've got 110k miles on my '13. I was always so surprised how much oily residue was in my intake.....and now I see why. I mean, I knew that was being passed back through to the intake, but it's eye-opening to see how much it really is. Might be something to think about along the way.
The following users liked this post:
hsnopi (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

@Dirt Hammer Have you done a follo wup to the video above? Did it work well?

Quick Reply: Heater Core Flush adapter?