Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Headlights out of whack

Old 03-09-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights out of whack

Just replaced my wife's 08 Wrangler with 08 Wrangler JK Unlimited. On the way home last night I was in front of her and noticed something different with headlights. Got home and pulled up to garage and noticed the driver headlight was horizontal, but the passenger headlight was vertical. Anybody had this issue before?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JKTJ
Just replaced my wife's 08 Wrangler with 08 Wrangler JK Unlimited. On the way home last night I was in front of her and noticed something different with headlights. Got home and pulled up to garage and noticed the driver headlight was horizontal, but the passenger headlight was vertical. Anybody had this issue before?
Like the bulb/lens is twisted? If so, you should be able to loosen up the ring that holds it in, and spin it until it is in the correct position. You will probably have to pull the front grill, but that is super easy, just a row of pop out clips along the top (under the hood), and then pull the grill forward until the other clips pop out.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. You were right. The assembly was twisted.

Quick Reply: Headlights out of whack