Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Headlights not responding to switch

Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Headlights not responding to switch

This morning when I arrived at work I turned switch off when I parked but lights didn't go out. However when I turned off ignition they did. I have a 2008 JKU without daytime running lamps. Also my fog lights are not responding to the switch. When ignition is on only the headlights and parking lights come on automatically. I briefly looked for a fuse but assume it's something more complicated. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I don't have factory lights.
H4 headlights

LED fogs
Old 10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar Symptoms

My headlight controls are working fine, my problem is with the ring that dims the gauges and turns on the dome lights. That control only seams to work if I have the left turn lights blinking. This has been happening before and after installing TruckLite LED headlights. This is on a 2013 JKUR. I do have Rigid driving lights installed on the factory wiring, the controls for them have always worked fine.

If anyone has some insight as to what might be causing this, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm figuring its most likely a faulty multi function switch.

Quick Reply: Headlights not responding to switch