Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Has my engine BEEN replaced?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Chrysler did the engine swap theyll have records of it. And an accredited shop elsewhere should have been equipped to report it i believe. So youd have a car fax report wouldn't you? I could be wrong. But even if it has been replaced... why so concerned? Your JK runs great and that's what matters :(
Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
But that is MY original post- HOW DO I SEE IF THIS IS THE ORIGINAL ENGINE?
you could start with the engine number (see post 5).
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ng-jks-217640/

That might give some info. I'm guessing the original owner can't be reached or trusted for some reason??
Old 06-07-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I agree!!!

Originally Posted by JKWrang
If Chrysler did the engine swap theyll have records of it. And an accredited shop elsewhere should have been equipped to report it i believe. So youd have a car fax report wouldn't you? I could be wrong. But even if it has been replaced... why so concerned? Your JK runs great and that's what matters :(
Car fax is TOTALLY clean on my Jeep... Its just so I know the actual MILES on this engine. I count my blessings DAILY with this thing, and plan to drop in a balanced and meticulously assembled short block with aftermarket Hyperutectic pistons and hand filed rings when its time.

Quick Reply: Has my engine BEEN replaced?