Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Has Anyone Installed a Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer

Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like mine at all
Old 10-20-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Just found a quick reply button. Cool LOL
Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

In a somewhat related note, if anyone has their dash tab/covers (in dk gray) I could use the passenger side one. I lost mine in the dark abyss between the dash and the windshield. Doh! pm me if you're willing to part with them.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by notact71
I dont like mine at all
i ended up coming to the same conclusion. had it in there for a while but decided yesterday to take it out. after going back to stock, ive got to say i am much happier with the aesthetic and have been able to find places to stash my stuff. dunno why i bought it in the first place. maybe will try one of those daystar ones.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Daystar one. It doesn't look as "intrusive".
Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

daystar is the way to go.put a material in the tray to keep your phone from sliding and its the best value to add to the jk.you will use it more than any other added part.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
RAM
JK Newbie

had mine for awhile now. I needed it since I use my jeep in construction/sales and I use the organizer for pens / cell phone / business cards / etc. The only problem would be if your business card are white they reflect in the window, but I realy rarely notice it. Love this thing and recommend it especially if you formerly drove a truck with tons of storage. The jeep simply has no storage and this helps.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackbnimble
a word of warning to the retarded (like me): be careful when installing the standoffs that the mounts screw into. dont overtighten. I popped the little plastic covers on my dash and started ratcheting that bad boy in... and promptly snapped off the mounting stud inside the dash. it doesnt seem like i tightened it too much. maybe mine was just wimpy.

anyway, i tried to glue the standoff in as best i could, and the center portion seems to carry most of the weight, so it is doing ok so far. bummer though. i hope it doesnt come loose later because i kind of like this thing...

other than the big "rugged ridge" logo in the middle. anyone have a clever idea for covering that up?

I just snapped off my standoffs that the mounts screw into, Do you know if there is a way to fix it without glue?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

I have had mine about the second week I got my JK. I really dont remember what it looked like without it but I love it. Their is a way to mount a cb or Ham radio ( which is my next move). Just made a huge roadtrip and it helped out Sooooo much storing things while driving, I was traveling with my 3 kids.

As far as the broken standoffs, are you talking about the studs that screw into the dash as kind of a spacer?( maybe im noob) If so, you call them to get a new one, or make one with some all thread rod and the unions they have at Home depot.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

I love mine. I mounted my fire fighting radio to it and it works perfect.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Installed a Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer