Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Has anyone had to Lemon-Law their Jeep?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone had to Lemon-Law their Jeep?

Curious here if anyone had had to "Lemon-Law" their Jeep and why..
No idea what this entails but someone had mentioned it at work this morning because I get the good ol "where's your Jeep?" when I come into work.

My Jeep has spent more time at the dealer than I'd like to it. I am currently on round 5 of it being in for really bad leaking, not to mention the plethora of other fun stuff its been in there for. Like pretty much puddling up on my floors and leaking in while I am driving. I haven't had my Jeep in over a week now. They seem to be very lackadaisical about it, like its no big deal.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see....mine just got outta the shop for having the lh cyl head replaced....now its back in 2 weeks later with a non working heater...feels like the ac is on:/ so I.feel your pain on this one man!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

I lemon lawed my 2011 for leaks, called a lawyer once the dealer told me they needed to send to a body shop to address. Once I contacted a lawyer it took about 4 months. Jeep undid the deal minus a per mile charge. Only way you could really get burned is if you took a hit on a trade in, in order to get a lower price on the jeep or something else (they credit you the $ what you traded in for).

My 2012 doesn't leak at all.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jaycel77
I lemon lawed my 2011 for leaks, called a lawyer once the dealer told me they needed to send to a body shop to address. Once I contacted a lawyer it took about 4 months. Jeep undid the deal minus a per mile charge. Only way you could really get burned is if you took a hit on a trade in, in order to get a lower price on the jeep or something else (they credit you the $ what you traded in for).

My 2012 doesn't leak at all.
Only trade I threw in was a 500 dollar cavalier with 250k miles on it.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by napamat87
Let's see....mine just got outta the shop for having the lh cyl head replaced....now its back in 2 weeks later with a non working heater...feels like the ac is on:/ so I.feel your pain on this one man!
Mine felt like it wasn't putting out much heat either and my ac compressor was kicking in every time I turned on the heater I unplugged the compressor. maybe ur ac is screwed and not the heater?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found when it comes to warranty work they act like they don't care cause there not making money I had mine in for a fan motor and it took two days then found out that it only took 2 hours to do.
And they had the fan motor in stock so it wasn't waiting on parts.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

After the fourth time and they don't fix it you can lemon. My friend did it for a roof leak that they just made worse and he got it lemon. It was in the shop for 27 days. He got reimbursed for the lift and tires and bought it all new for his 2013 rubi. Now what's even worse is his 13' has a door leak now. Another lemon.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepfreakjk
I found when it comes to warranty work they act like they don't care cause there not making money I had mine in for a fan motor and it took two days then found out that it only took 2 hours to do.
And they had the fan motor in stock so it wasn't waiting on parts.
They are making money Chrysler has to reimburse the dealership for all time spent on the vehicle its not the dealership that warranties the vehicle it's no different than you having them do work for you they get paid either way
Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Anyone else?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rb1boxer_3
After the fourth time and they don't fix it you can lemon. My friend did it for a roof leak that they just made worse and he got it lemon. It was in the shop for 27 days. He got reimbursed for the lift and tires and bought it all new for his 2013 rubi. Now what's even worse is his 13' has a door leak now. Another lemon.
Sounds like someone I know.

My 13 goes in next week for a list of issues.

I might have some phone numbers floating around I will pm them to you when I get home.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had to Lemon-Law their Jeep?