Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Harness wiring connector

Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness wiring connector

So I was trying to play with the Jeep today and take her doors off...However when I went and tried to disconnect the wiring harness connector i could not get the thing undone. I pushed the red tab over to the right like the book says but....would not budge...

Could anyone post some pics of how this should be done?

I am a visual learner.

THANKS!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't have any pics, but once the red tab is moved over, there is another tab in the middle you have to push down on and hold down while unhooking the connector.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also had the same problem upuntil i broke it now it comes undone real easy you would think someone would of comeup with an adaptor to make it easyer so you dont have to lay under the dash .... hey this might be a job for ///// mobotix /////
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm see that was my fear, if getting rought with it..would break it...and being that she is only about a month old...can't deal with that right now.

Is that the black square tab underneath the one the red tab is on? LOL

I just realized if anyone who was not a jeep owner read this they would not know what the hell we were talking about.

Quick Reply: Harness wiring connector